Friday, June 19, 2009

Much of the Same

I'm still alive. I just haven't been up for posting much lately and honestly, not much is going on to post about. I had a series of doctors appointments this week that turned into marathon appointments by the end of them. My appointment with Heels was about 3 hours behind schedule or at least, that's how long it took and about 2 hours and 50 minutes of it was waiting. Usually we try to get the first appointment in the morning because we know that she backs up, but we scheduled this appointment a week in advance so we took what we got. I had my chemo appointments on Thursday and I ended up needed potassium for my blood so what was supposed to be 3 hours turned into 9. Yes, NINE. They have to infuse the potassium slow because of my small veins and potassium is really bad about tearing up veins and it burns as well. So my bag of potassium took about 5 hours to go in. Yeah, I needed a good bit of potassium I guess.


I have next week off from chemo which will be nice, but I do like getting the fluids when I go - they seem to perk me up some. The trips to and from the doctors offices seem to wear me out the most - so I won't be missing that at all. When I go for chemo I get to lay in a bed during treatment because I get benadryl with the Erbitux so it knocks me out and I sleep for a good bit during treatment. I enjoy the special treatment.

I'm still weak but I think I'm getting stronger, at least a little bit. My legs are super skinny and Warner calls them my matchstick legs. I gotta get some meat back on them things! I think I am gaining weight, at least I know I'm not losing it. I can tell I've got a little more fat on my stomach right now and my face is filling out more and more.

We don't have any big plans this weekend. My dad is coming up tomorrow to hang out and Paula mentioned maybe coming up? I just plan on lounging around as usual since I'm in my after days from chemo. Hopefully I'll be okay tomorrow and not too bad on Sunday which is usually one of the worst days as far as nausea goes. I did get an anti-nausea patch for my arm because I've been having a good bit of nausea when I should be feeling good during the week - mostly in the early mornings / almost the middle of the night. So, hopefully the patch will help some with that.

For now I'm going to stop rambling, take a Phenergan and head to bed. Have a good night!

5 comments:

Diane said...

Hi Stephanie,

Always glad to see an update on you. It doesn't sound like fun.... waiting that long for a doctor!!! I'll never complain again about my so-called long waits.
:-)

VBS was going on all week at Sager and it was GREAT!!! One of the best I've seen. The kids were really into it. The theme was outer space, and there was this robot on stage just standing there. I thought to myself.... whoever built it did a good job. After about a full 30 minutes, Laurie Sewell took the bucket off his face....... and low and behold, who was inside that robot......
Pastor Jim!!!! We couldn't believe it. How he was able to stand there quietly without moving all that time was amazing!!!
It was a surprise ending to a great week!!!
Thought you'd like that story.
:-)

Friends at Sager are always asking about you, and we keep them updated. I'll send out an update tonight to all our Prayer Partners. Isn't it great to know that God is with you every step of the way. You are loved with an everlasting love.

Diane (for our Sager Creek Family)

Cindy said...

Hey Steph! So good to hear from you! Hope your package arrived okay. I am looking for something for the boys...but haven't located it yet. Melissa(daughter) found a wedding dress so plans are coming along.It is HOT HOT HOT here in NW Arkansas but it IS almost July! Dreading the 1st big electic bill! Yikes! Well, try to enjoy your weekend,give the "boy" a pat on the head for me and take care! HUGS FROM ARKANSAS!

shay said...

Glad to see an update!! I hope you have a good weekend & stay stong! XOXO

Anonymous said...

It sure is great when you post....THANKS!s Warner did not shre that your chemo was 9 hours - I read it on your Mom's Facebook page - WHEW............why no chemo next week? When's it scheduled again? Hope Paula comes by with fabulous pictures from her trip - I bet she has some wild tales to tell!!!!!! Enjoy all your visitors! Love you 4 - sksb

Anonymous said...

Hey- Great to get an update!
Hope to see you soon.
Blessings,
YFA Joan