Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Bug In My Arm

Last week it took them nine IV sticks to get a vein that would work for my chemo. And the vein they got was really tiny so they had to pump everything slowly. This week, they stopped sticking me after 3 tries. So I caved in and finally agreed to get a port in my arm I had already tried to have a PICC line placed but that didn't work and I've had two central lines on separate occasions while in the hospital but both times they had to come out before I left because of the risk of infection since they were only temporary. So, apparently it's about the size of a quarter and it right under my skin in the inside of my upper left arm. They didn't put my under for it, just gave me Versed and Fentanyl, but they couldn't give me very much because my blood pressure was ridiculously low, like 80s/50s. After I got the port I went and got my chemo. It was much quicker, that's for sure - no more searching for veins or burning veins from some meds.


So, today is the day after chemo and I'm feeling good as usual. Tomorrow is usually when the fun kicks in. I'm just staying on top of my meds and all that for now and really hoping for a good week!

We leave for WASHINGTON STATE on MONDAY! Yay vacation. I'm really really excited! I'll write more later!

10 comments:

Hayley said...

Good to hear from you, have a lovely time in Washington! x

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting......it is so hard when I can't read how you are doing! happy for the port for your sake and happy for your vacation - enjoy the beautiful scenery my sweet DIL and son!!!!! love you both and let's hope you ahve turned a corner and you won't be getting as sick tomorrow! sksb LOVE YALL

Donna Griffin said...

It sure is great to hear you are feeling better and out of the hospital. I am so happy that you all are going on vacation!!!!!!!!! Much needed! I hope you all have a great time.

Anonymous said...

Washington State! I am so jealous! It is going to be absolutely gorgeous. You kids have fun. Mark

Diane said...

Hi Stephanie,

So glad you're having a good day and going on vacation. We'll pray that it will be a great one.... lots of fun for you and Warner.

Love ya,
Diane (for Dale, too)
P.S. Will update our Sager Creek Prayer Partners!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope today went OK, tou desrve to not be so sick at least this time! Have a WONDERFUL vacation!!!!!!
Love You Both (and The Boys)
Barney

Anonymous said...

Praying for you to have a great vacation
Ilove you,
YFA Joan

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip to the North West corner of the lower 48... It's a good time of year to go there.

From "The NJ relatives"

gordon said...

happy anniversary, we love you

kaylie said...

Too Cool for school. That is all I have to say.