Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Can't Touch This

I am still hanging out in the hospital - getting pumped full of tons of stuff, potassium, antibiotics, iron, and I got blood over the past weekend among other things. I came in for dehydration and ended up with a million this wrong with me. While here, My stomach tubes started hurting really bad and draining really bad around around them so I have them mega-bandaged. On top of that I developed severe diarrhea, and I mean severe. And on top of ALL of that my white blood cell count bottomed out. So, they began running a million tests and running scans. They thought there might be an abscess in my stomach but a CT scan ruled that out and just showed some colitis and inflammation, which was possibly causing some of the tube pain. Then they found out I have Cdiff so I was put in contact isolation - no one can touch me without wearing gloves because I am super contagious. I think I freaked Warner out last night because when he came in I was asleep and he didn't know about the cdiff yet, so he tried to kiss me, and I woke up real fast and yelled " Don't Touch Me!" He jumped back and gave me a crazy look so I had to explain it all to him. I'm on antibiotics for everything as well, so hopefully I'll be better soon.


So, I have colitis, inflammation, CDiff, and I'm neutropenic...WOOHOO!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yet you still retain a sense of humour. Your blog is truly inspirational. Best wishes for a prompt and total recovery.

Anonymous said...

WHOA is me!!!!!!!! Wow Steph - let's hope NOTHING ELSE COMES YOUR WAY..........we are still looking forward to seeing yall on Fri if it is OK - don't know with your litany of ailments.......love you SKSB

Cindy McLean said...

I hope you will get better soon. Your "boys' I am sure miss their Mom! Is Warner working? It must be tough on everyone. I will continue to pray for you! HUGS FROM ARKANSAS!

Diane said...

Hi Stephanie,

I can just see Warner's face when he tried to kiss you and you yelled... "Don't Touch Me!"
YIKE! Made me smile!!!

I'm so sorry that you have to go through all of this, but you are so very special to all of us. Not only do you have a gift for photography, but you have a gift for expressing yourself, too!!!
I'm amazed at your sense of humor!
:-)

We'll be gone for over a week on vacation with Nancy, Mark, and the kids..... and my middle daughter's family also. But we will be praying for you while we're gone.

We'll check back in just as soon as we get back.

Love you both,
Diane (for Dale, too)

Anonymous said...

I don't know what any of those are except for inflammation. :)

Love you guys. Miss you guys.

Mark

Anonymous said...

Enough of this "one more thing wrong" stuff!!! Still making me laugh , tho! I love you both--hope the visit with the bradleys is wonderful--they represent us , too!
Loving and praying!
Blessings,
YFA Joan

shay said...

Oh no!! I am so glad you woke up in time :O) We are praying for you all xoxo

Wayne said...

I wish you weren't going through all of this. We continue to pray for you and Warner always. We have faith that God's ways are perfect, even when we don't see it. Staying the course with you guys...Wayne and Becky

kaylie said...

"Ode to Stephanie" sung in the style of MC Hammer.

doo doo do do do do do..can't touch this...doo doo do do do do do do. can't touch this.

Love you Steph!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Kaylie's a funny girl - please oh please post again....it is sooooo hard not having a daily update! Loved seeing yall.......sksb,mil,mom

shay said...

Hey Steph...Who is your surgeon again? So I can look into it. I have some friends/family I maybe could stay with. XOXO