Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Not Much Is Going On Around Here

I am usually one of the first people in the chemo room on treatment days. We always scheduled treatments for as early as we could because it used to take all day and we just kept it that way. For the first couple of hours Warner and I both get to sit in recliners because the room takes a while to fill up, but eventually Warner has to move to a roll-y chair that the nurses move around and also use so he occasionally gets bumped from his chair temporarily. No big deal really. Well, there is one nurse who is kind of loud and she embarrassed the heck out of Warner yesterday by yelling to him from across the completely full room (she needed his chair),


Nurse: Mr. Bradley, I need your chair
Warner: Okay
Nurse: Sorry I would have called you by your first name, you're too young to be Mr. Bradley. What's your first name?
Warner: It's Warner
Nurse: Warren?
Warner: no, Warner
Nurse: Okay, Warner I need your chair.

EVERYONE was staring at him and he turned slightly red. Way to not draw attention to us! So now everyone knows who we are, although we already stand out in there because we are so young. I thought we had always done a good job of flying under the radar, but the first week I walked into chemo after Washington, I was amazed at all the people who commented and mentioned they had been praying for me and such.

So, in other news I have switched from daily Lovanox shots to taking Coumadin and my stomach is thankful. I'll have to post a picture of my stomach - it was dark dark purple and probably the worst bruise I have ever seen. I'm also getting my stomach tube out sometime soon - I'm waiting to hear when the appointment will be. I'll still have the feeding tube but that one is bearable - it's the drainage tube that gives me problems and I'm not using it any more so it just hurts all the time - so it is time for it to go. Well, that's all I've got for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My poor little boy....we all know how he hates to stand out in the crowd....but all those fellow chemo goers now know yall's names!!!!!!! Sweet of them to worry and pray for you Steph!!!!! Great news about the old stomacch tube....do you think your stomach has finally shrunk to the size it is supposed to be?????? You seem to be doing spectacular - we are happy and thankful! Keep postting - it is so much fun to hear from you! love sksb

Diane said...

Hi Stephanie,

That was a funny story!!!
:-)
Laughter is good for the soul... so they say!!!
:-)
Love it when I see you posted. We just keep praying and God just keeps hearing and answering..... and it's ALWAYS for good.

Love you,
Diane
:-)