Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fatigue At It's Finest

For the past week I have been fighting some extreme fatigue - which can always be quite entertaining since there is no telling what I will say or do - I can' recall any funny stories right now, but I know we've had our share the past few days. On Monday night I was running a high fever (101.8-102.3) so we called MBP because that's what you do at times like that. The on-call doctor wrote me a prescription for some antibiotics - because that is usually the problem, and it was - my tube that is still in my belly was all red a super painful and draining some. So, we got that fixed. On Tuesday I was still feeling pretty blah, just run down and out of it and I threw up once, so I had Warner take me in to MBP for some IV fluids and meds and whatever other magic potions they wanted to throw my way. Well, I didn't get any magic potions, instead I was the proud recipient of two bags of blood. Turns out I was quite anemic. So, I spent my day getting my transfusion. The transfusion did help for a while, I felt really good Tuesday and even on Wednesday. The problem, though, was that I was on the antibiotics and I'm also on blood thinner. Apparently the antibiotics can increase the effects of the blood thinner, and I'm guessing this is why I'm back to feeling run down. I do not have anymore antibiotics to take and I go into the doctor on Monday, so hopefully my body will work on straightening itself back out in the mean time.

Here are a few pictures from the house in Tulsa - we painted the study and the kitchen while we were there over Labor Day.



The wall on the right needs some art work or something to fill the space. We got the plates above the windows from Hobby Lobby and I'm debating about going and buying the larger one but I'm really not sure what to do....


The study

And again

New artwork above the fireplace. One of our Washington pictures.

My stomach with the tubes still in but my bruises from the Lovanox shots were mostly gone at this point.

Oh well, I'm going to head off to bed here soon! Goodnight!

5 comments:

shay said...

The house looks so cute! I cannot wait to get into our place & decorate!! I love the fireplace it is so pretty! I am glad that you are doing better and I am sure you will feel much less tired soon! PS love your shirt!

Cindy McLean said...

Well, as a nurse,I will agree you've got a screwed up belly! The good news is,it looks like it is healing well without infection. I love the place in Tulsa. Where is it? My daughter is getting married at TU's chapel in January.How are the "boys"? Give em a hug for me...HUGS FROM ARKANSAS!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well Well Well.....I bet Warneer thought I was an idiot asking all those questions today....sorry Steph, I had no idea all this happened and you know i would have been there to at least run interference w/ the fur boys........I am just now reading this - when i brought it up at dinner, Bill and Anna BOTH had read your blog but never told me to run down and read it. So Sorry.
Gosh I hope your stomach is looking better sans one of the tubes - oh the bruising - man oh
man - that probably made the shots hurt even more.......egads....please know that I love yall - and I wll come down tomorrow if you want me to! Anna at 15 1/2
is really self sufficient! SKSB

Anonymous said...

By the way I do know how to spell my son's name!!!!!!!!!!! WAHNAH!!!! Warner!
PS LOVE the red in the kitchen (my favorite color!) - study looks great too! Bet yal can't wait till you live there again!

Diane said...

Hi Stephanie,

I just saw your update from Saturday and know that it's been a tough week. That picture of your tummy makes me sad for you. But you are amazing, and I always love reading whatever you post. I'll be interested to know what you found out today at your doctor's appointment. We'll keep praying for you. Those aren't just words. I'm going to pray for you again as soon as I send this comment. I KNOW the LORD hears and answers always in a good way for you. Doesn't seem like it, but we have His Word~!!! That's all we need!!!
:-)

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your decorating skills. How cute is your place!!! I love it!!! Thanks for sharing those pictures with us.

I'll update our Prayer Parnters for you. You're continually in their prayers, too.

Love ya,
Diane (for Dale, too)
:-)