Friday, January 9, 2009

The Coolest Kid On The Block




Molly, AKA the coolest kid on the block, had her first gymnastics in house practice competition tonight and I wasn't going to miss it for the world! 





They performed their routines for floor, beam, vault, and bars and all the kiddos did great! It definitely made me miss my tumbling days. Yeah, contrary to popular belief, I used to be flexible and I used to love to send my body flying into the air, and falling....falling is always fun! You've gotta like falling if you're going to tumble - otherwise, you have picked the wrong hobby!






But anyway, back to Molly! Molly was born my senior year of high school and I used to babysit her quite often until I left for college. I think her mom was the first person I was close to that got pregnant - so it was very exciting when Molly arrived.  She was supposed to be the flower girl in my wedding until her momma got pregnant and was due right around the time of my wedding (and awesome Mary became my flower girl!). Molly is also the expert on all things shark cartilage and she knows everything about my surgery - right down to my feeding tube. So, that definitely makes her awesome. So, here are a few pictures from her meet. 



Waiting patiently to do her bar routine



They all were so excited to get surprise medals at the end of the night!

7 comments:

Kasey said...

Annnnnd.....the white couch rules.

Paula said...

I wish I could have been there! She looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

So I guess we know who will cry fo the white couch--and it won't be Stephanie or Hal!

StacieHope Photography said...

Holy cow! It's been so long since I've seen here, I didn't realize she was that big!

Anonymous said...

We remember the tumbling days too. My girls had so much fun with you (:
Mrs. Robin

Daphne said...

Tell Molly Chloe Ann said she is proud of her.

It's cool to watch the kids you babysat grow up. But now some of them are married!!!! Wow I am getting OLD.

Unknown said...

Is that Dawn's Molly?? Hard to believe!