Friday, January 2, 2009

Here We Go

Well it's been a while since I've made a post so I thought I would before things get crazy at work next week. We have a pretty large amount of work to complete in a short amount of time, and things have to go just right to stay on schedule. Working on this particular portion of work has been my personal little project over he past 6 weeks or so, and I'm really hoping everything comes off smoothly. Enough about that though. How bout we do a fancy year in review type of thing. In many ways it's good to see 2008 go... ok really in one BIG way its good to see 2008 go. At the same time though I know that this trial was not only good for Stephanie and I, but the best thing for us. I find this an undeniable truth. We were truly blessed throughout the year, but this was especially evident between April and August. Finanicially we were in a perfect position to be able to deal with cancer, mainly due to early plans for me to have LASIK and thus having a whole lot of money in our flexible spending account. I've also been getting quite a bit of overtime down here in Louisiana, and we were certainly provided for. The guys I work with are also incredibly generous, from the project manager and superintendents all the way down to the laborers. We were also blessed geographically, not only were we in the only place to get this particular team of doctors, but we were also close to Stephanie's family. This allowed Stephanie's mom to stay with us and help out a whole lot around the apartment. I'm curious to see what is in store for us in 2009, knowing we will again be blessed, and hoping we will be blessed in a much diffrerent way. I've also scheduled LASIK for much earlier in the year, this way Stephanie can't steal all the flex money out from under me.

2 comments:

gordon said...

Glad to hear from you, and we also have been blessed by your journey this year,thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I am finally out from under the Christmas decorations pile. Our house is so neat and quiet AND EMPTY! We loved spending time with you two and I agree about god's best in Stephanie's cancer and all about God's provision BEFORE we need it!Cash up front for crying out loud! Anyway--I love you guys devotedly and am so sorry you didn't get to spend time with Josie, Luke and precious little Jack--however steph shouldn't have been around him since he was sick--he is all recovered--well except for his cough is still bad AND Peter nor Addie got it!!! sarah was here after christmas for a visit. She is starting classes 17 Jan. ,working on her EED. Pray for Chris's clinic to do well. I love you, YFA Joan