Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Not Playing Fair



Apparently I have a knack for posting horrifying pictures of myself on this blog. This picture was taken Monday night and as you can see, my rash on my face turned into hives on my cheekbone up to my eye. Swollen.Itchy.Aweful.Hives. So, up until this point the rash was playing fair. It was staying within the radiation boundaries and for the most part was following a set pattern - after UV sun exposure of some sort (I'm not sure if this is the culprit - the only other commonality between the last two outbreaks is that I went to Walmart before. So it could totally be a Walmart allergy!) my face would start to get splotchy and then swell a little and get all red and itchy and about two days later it would peel. You guys know the routine. WELL. This time, my face did the usual, for a day. THEN. It spread up my face! But it wasn't the solid red rash, it was little swollen hives. The rash started Saturday night, was full blown on Sunday and started spreading up my face Sunday evening. On Tuesday it was starting to fade some, and today it is peeling (although it is still itchy sometimes). So, the rash isn't playing fair anymore so the gloves are coming off! Although I don't really know what to do...they don't make anything higher than SPF 70 that I know of. 

Okay, so what's going on around here, you ask? Not a whole lot. Warner is working nights for the shut down, so he gets home as I am leaving for work and he leaves as I'm getting home, so we see each other for about an hour a day. I'm not sure how long the night shift is going to last, it depends on how fast they finish the shut down. Edgar has really missed spending time with Warner. When Warner gets home he goes nuts for about 30 minutes. When I get home, he gets excited, but it lasts, oh, about 2 seconds. The boys are also loving having Warner home during the day (even though he is sleeping the whole time - but that means they get to cuddle in bed with him). 

Speaking of Edgar. The poor guy has horrible ear infections, so Warner took him in today and got some medication for him and apparently he has a slight heart murmur - but it's nothing to worry about right now because it may end up going away on its own. He also had a callus on the top of his head that we had checked out. Warner and I had been joking that it was probably because he runs into the wall so much, and guess what! The vet took samples of it, and it's a BRUISE! Haha, so we were right! The vet said he is obviously in his awkward 10 month old puppy stage (he was falling all over himself while getting examined) and he will start filling out in his hips and chest around 16 months - so the shetland pony may make it to full quarter horse size by the time he's done growing! Okay, well, it's bed time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um yeah, I would definitely diagnose you as allergic to Walmart. But don't worry, it happens to many and there is a cure...

Kasey said...

My vote is Walmart too, but if by chance it's the sun, you can always pretend you're Arab and do the whole face wrap thing, that's block out the sun right. Or there could be the theory of the white couch witch doctor who knows of your thoughts and is getting even, ha.