Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Do They Make Yoga For Quadriplegics?

I really haven't had much to write about lately. I'm back at work, Warner starts a shut down tomorrow, and the boys are being completely obnoxious and feel they are the most deprived puppies on the planet (which I assure you, they are not). 

I have been desperately searching for a new hobby, but I haven't had much luck. I've thought about taking a community class but they are all out in Baton Rouge, and with work and having to battle the evening rush hour to get out there, I really don't want to put myself through that! So, I've been keeping myself busy with coming up with ideas for how to decorate the study in the Tulsa house. We are taking a trip up there at the end of this month and I'm planning on diving in head first and getting the study up and running - or at least sending the "white" couch to Goodwill - unless there are too many tears involved and then it might sit in our garage for a little while - which in that case, I'll be praying for lots of rain. So, I've got a plan for two bookcases, a secretary / desk, a chair, and a table. I'm not sure how all that is going to fit into the study because it's a very small room, but I'm going to make it work. 

So, my New Years resolution was to keep the house cleaner and to eat more vegetables. Well, the apartment isn't so clean, but it's not bad. We've kept the carpet vacuumed which is quite a feat because Edgar sheds enough hair each week to clothe all the kids in Africa. And I've been eating my vegetables, which is not that big of a surprise because, well, I love vegetables, so that was kind of a freebie resolution, but it totally counts.

But for real, I want to get back in shape. I figure, cancer is over so I need to be in better shape. This is proving to be a hard mission. I have to watch what I do because I am still losing weight at the drop of a hat, and honestly, I'm tired of getting in trouble for it. Plus, I can't afford any more new clothes, well, I guess I could, but I'd rather spend the money on getting the study fixed up. So, in my mission to become "ripped" I have attempted Yoga For Beginners. You know, the one where they take more time explaining the pose than they actually spend doing the pose, and where they take like five minute breaks in between each pose, and the hardest thing they ask you to do is touch your toes (to which I replied, "You want me to do what?!?!"). Yeah, I failed. MISERABLY. To the point where I was yelling at Patricia Walden who was calmly talking the whole time while she was gracefully exercising on my television screen with her chiseled abs and flexible hamstrings. After, I asked Warner if they make yoga for quadriplegics, then I realized that would be impossible, so I decided to settle on yoga for paraplegics - because yeah, that's where I am. 



Jackson Square on New Years Eve

The party goers


The rest of the crew


The Fleur De Lis drop on top of JAX brewery

1 comments:

Kasey said...

I have only one thing to say from that long post besides wondering what happened to the new hobbies such as cake making and photography............the white couch stays...period!