Monday, April 28, 2008

I have cancer...

First of all - to explain the title: in college you get t-shirts for everything! Seriously. So, when Warner and I were sitting in the doctor’s office, after having been there probably for 3 hours, I looked at him and said, “If I have to go through this, I want my dang t-shirt!”


Okay, I am 23. I have cancer. I have oral cancer. Let me repeat. I am 23 and I have oral cancer. I am not 60 years old, I do not smoke, I do not drink alcohol, except maybe on my birthday. I do not even drink coke (I do love coffee though…a good caramel latte’ or cafĂ© ole’ mainly) I compulsively wear polarized sunglasses because I’m afraid the sun will mess up my eyes. I take multivitamins, eat lots of veggies and fish and I would probably be a vegetarian if I didn’t like the occasional steak, and I obsessively play tennis. I’m a borderline health nut, only borderline though because I can be a little lazy and I love jelly beans – they are my weakness. And I have cancer!

7 comments:

Rev Kicks said...

if you go to www.mouthcancerfoundation.org they have a shirt! maybe i'll get you one!

Gonzalo & Yvonne said...

Hey you can add us to your blog! Gonzo and I created one awhile back to keep up with the Footes.
We are praying for you and Warner and of course your mom and dad.
We love you.

Daphne said...

Hey Steph,
I got to your blog through Dawns E-mail. We will be praying for you and Warner. I cannot imagine what you guys are going through. Just wanted you to know we are praying.

I think you need a shirt too!!

Carol Hennessy said...

Hi Steph , been thinking about y'all all day since I heard the news and you are in my prayers.
Alan

Anonymous said...

hey smo-
i know its been a while and i feel bad about that, laura sent me an email about this whole ordeal and i had to read your blogs...you are so silly. i know you dont want to talk to people who are going to say "oh nooo omg are you ok??" - believe me i know how that is...i was reading your blog and i was like "wow i have been through all those tests you were talking about"
listen i dont wanna get all "deep" i just wanted to let you know even though we haven't spoken in God knows how long i am here to talk to if you ever need anyone to vent to, i dont want to sound like a pro or make you feel like i know what your going through but i do know how difficult it is to go through all those medical tests...if you ever ever EVER need anything- please dont hesitate to contact me...
i believe we are friends on myspace (lord myspace lol) so you can get in touch with me there :D
your in my prayers...
lauren "big swole" dupont

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph,

I know you probably are tired of phone calls, emails and stuff - but we just wanted you to know that you are loved and being prayed for by people you don't even know and by alot that you do know - I hope you can feel bathed in prayer!!

We love you!!!!!
Rose & Gary- you know Justin's folks

Andrew said...

Hey Smo..
Justin told me about the blog, so we thought we would write you something. Just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you. We are praying that You and Warner are growing closer to each other and closer to God through this time. We miss you, and look foward to seeing you again someday!
Love in Christ,
Andrew & Amanda Pohlmann