Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Insert Witty Title Here:

I’m going to make a quick post – I’m really tired tonight and I just took some pain pills, so I will be fading fast! I spent about 2 ½ hours in the doctor’s office today and most of that time was spent sleeping, for me at least. For my scans I had to have an IV of this radioactive sugar mixture. Apparently my veins are very stubborn and the lady had to flick the fool out of my arm to get it to cooperate. Seriously, she tried to get the one in my elbow to work with about 5 minutes of flicking; all the while my arm was tied with the elastic and she’s telling me to pump my fist. Then, she decided she would move to my wrist. This involved another five minutes of flicking and now I have a nice little bruise in the area. Have I mentioned I don’t like needles? Yeah, sitting there with an IV in my wrist definitely made my stomach churn. After she got the IV in and taped up, it leaked when she put the saline in, so she had to rip the tape off – along with it lots of arm hair - and wiggle it around and then tape it back down. So, all in all, not a good first IV experience.



Side Note: I think I fixed the problem everyone was having with posting comments. At least I hope I did. Let me know if it still doesn't work!


I got a shot to dry up my head and neck area to make the pictures better. My sinuses and throat are still really dry from it, and it should have worn off a few hours ago! So, after I got my IV and my shot, I crashed out on the big comfy recliner they had me set up in because I had to wait an hour for my glow in the dark juice to get through my body. The scans only lasted about 30 minutes, but I could not sleep because the board I was laying on was about the size of a balance beam. They also put a tracer through my IV for the CT scan. That was weird! It definitely makes you feel like you have just gone to the bathroom all over yourself! Sorry. I guess I should leave bodily fluids out of this. The second full body scan was a little better because I had a pillow and there wasn’t a strap across my forehead but my arms were above my head and they fell asleep after about the first 30 seconds.


After we were done, me, mom and Warner went to Casa Maria’s for lunch – I love their guacamole salad and chips and salsa. Yes, that’s right, I eat chips and salsa with a huge ulcer in my mouth – it’s only because I can feel no spice related pain on that side. Then we went shopping at the mall for a little bit.


My dentist, who originally sent me to the oral surgeon, gave me a call while we were out shopping, because he had just found out about me having cancer. He asked me a few questions and if I had been to an ENT yet. I said yes, and told him it was Dr. Pou. He thought for a second, and said, THE Dr. Pou? I said yes, THE Dr. Pou. He decided that would be really good because she’s a good doctor, and I agreed of course. Now, everyone go google Dr. Pou if you want to know the reason I included this little story.


We came on home and dropped Warner off, let out the dog and my mom and I went to the outlet malls, because you can’t come to Gonzales and not go to the outlet malls, I mean, we live like 5 minutes down the road! And now, in my drugged state, I am going to watch the American Idol results show. I’m sure Warner is trying to sneak some of my drugs too, wait, what am I talking about, American Idol is his favorite tv show!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Hi Stephanie,

Just wanted you to know that all our Prayer Partners at church (SCCC) are praying for you. Dan prayed for you at choir practice tonight. You've got ALL your friends from Sager praying for you, and we KNOW God hears us because He said so! NEAT!

You're in the BEST of hands.... HIS!

We love you and will keep checking your blog in order to keep up, and I'll keep our Prayer Partners up to date on your progress.

The safest place to be is in the will of God!!! No safer place!!!

In Jesus' love,
Diane Boring (for Dale, too)
:-)

Unknown said...

Girl - Wow. Thanks for sending me this link - I've been following your updates on facebook and kept meaning to send you a message to check on you and I kept forgetting... You are definitely in my prayers and my heart. Blondie!

SKSB said...

hey it erased what I originally wrote......bah humbug!!!! You both are very clever writers - I laughed out loud - THANKS!!!! We all need to laugh at this point! LOVE SKSB