Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Little Bit

After running around all afternoon and watching Stephanie get radioactive stuff and drying out stuff shot into her we had this conversation -
Me: Do you want some cake?
Steph: In a little bit.
Me: What about ice cream?
Steph: Nah, not this time.
A few minutes later I get up and cut some cake, making sure I don't get Stephanie too much and ensuring she gets a gummy bear (yeah its a gummy bear cake).
Steph (with her outer lip poked out): Is that all I get?
Me: Yeah, you said you wanted a little bit.
Steph: No, I said in a little bit! Do you want my gummy bear?
Me: I got you that gummy bear special!
Steph: But I can't eat it, it's too chewy.
Me: Doh!

Needless to say I got up and got her another piece when she finished the one that was too small.

In other news I need some book ideas to read while Steph is in the hospital.

In more other news someone needs to give my dog some valium, he's freaking out over an itch, and knocking my arm around.

One last thing, this blog has become nearly an obsession for both of us, so if you read please comment, we really do check hourly (or sometimes even more often) for more comments and they are a great encouragement to us.

9 comments:

The Frugal Muse said...

Warner and Stephanie,

Lucas and I heard from the Sager Creek folks about all this craziness that has entered your lives. Just wanted to let you know that we have been praying for you– it seems like God has given you both a lot of grace right now to get through all of this. We will keep praying!

Cherissa Roebuck

Anonymous said...

A book suggestion:
Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.

http://www.amazon.com/Pillars-Earth-Ken-Follett/dp/0451166892

We thought it was a great book.
Hugs to you both.

Todd & Julie

Carol Hennessy said...

Valium might not do it for the dog,(might benefit you) but Benedryl will help Ruekies itch. I love that you are keeping a blog. It's reassuring to see how well you both are coping. You are both always in my thoughts and prayers. Love you both.

Anonymous said...

Warner,

Tell Steph- that Miss Rose says she needs to get some people in her room and start a rousing game of Curses!

What kind of books does Steph like?
Just tell Candy or Paula - they know how to get in touch with me or you can email me at pohlmann@bellsouth.net - I have alot of books.

Gary & I send oour love and prayers
Rose P

Unknown said...

Stephanie and Warner... Mom told me and I have been checking your blog as well. It's nice to hear the updates and know what's going on. I am praying for you both and I know God is there with you. As far as books... I joined a book club and we did read Pillars of the Earth but I also wanted to recommend Into The Wild (which was just made into a movie). The book is better than said movie. :) Love!

Mary Coffman

Anonymous said...

Hey ya'll, my mom just told me today and sent me this link. I'm going to keep up on everything, when I have access to the internet. Ya'll are in my prayers, and since ya'll only live about 30 min away, we'll all have to get together one night, like Smo and I have been saying since ya'll moved down here.
Stacie

Dawn W. said...

Warner,

To get in touch with your pink/femanine side I suggest the complete Jane Austen series. (it sill help with writing on the blogs) Start with Persuasion, my favorite!!! You can read to Steph while she's at the hospital. Maybe it will soften up the Tray-Snatcher within you.

Thinking of you both.

P.S. Steph,

Use this time to make Warner do everything for you!!!!!!!!! He should make a good slave.

Dawn (short bus)

Barb said...

Stephanie,
I know you are writting the blog daily, but I encourage you to either copy and paste the blog entries into a journal or keep another written journal of these events. You both are good writers, and I am inspired by your humor and wit in the face of this serious illness. Don't lose what you have recorded and continue to write your feelings and experiences. It is good for you and helps others too.
Love you both,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Warner, try reading Charlesw Frazier...either "Cold Mountain" or "13 Moons", both are great but more people agree with my opinion on 13...how are you holding up?
Hank