Saturday, May 3, 2008

Contrary to Popular Belief the Cancer Has Not Spread to My Brain



Everyone say hello to Edgar! He is the latest addition to the Bradley family, and he is absolutely adorable! And oh the ears! Those ears kill me they’re so cute! Now, I know you all are thinking we have totally gone off our rockers and that’s okay. We have. I’m allowed to make a few irrational decisions, right? For my own sanity at least; plus, we had already talked about getting another dog, and I wanted to get one while I was still feeling really good. So you can think what you want, we already know we’re crazy!! He is full blooded German shepherd, 10 weeks old, and 21 pounds. He was the calmest one out of the four they had, and he was also the biggest. And have I mentioned the ears? I absolutely love the ears!!


Today was pretty uneventful. I slept in quite late because I took a pain pill when Warner left for work. And then I braved Wal-Mart after lunch and bought myself a green marker board and a few magazines for after the surgery - and brightly colored markers for my green board. Oh, and I bought another cake because there is not much time left before the surgery and my goal is to become so sick of cake that I won’t want it later (this plan is not working out so well as of yet). Warner and I headed out to Mandeville after he got off work to go pick up Edgar, so that took up the whole evening.


For everyone who was looking forward to seeing us at church in the morning - I’m going to apologize for not being there. We decided it would be best if we spent the day at home relaxing and my parents are going to come up and have lunch and spend the afternoon with us. So, I’m excited about them coming up here, and Warner is excited about getting to sleep in some tomorrow (I already volunteered to get up with the dogs).




In other news: my calla lily finally decided to bloom. I wasn’t sure if it was going to or not, but I’m very excited that I got to see at least one bloom from it!

6 comments:

gordon said...

Kasey showed us your site, we are glad to be able to keep up with you. I'll try to help you with warners reading material, but so far all i've been able to find has words in them. Does he have a full box of crayons? You and warner are on our hearts and in our prayers, we will be checking on you daily. Thanks for the pictures, i really like the one of both of the dogs, of course debi likes the flower one. Saints rule

Hank and Susan said...

I love the picture of the flower, the one of edgar is good except that Warner is in it...just wanted to encourage you in your upcoming soft diet, I did it for 4 months in 1997 and its not as bad as you would think, especially if yo can get some of Grammy's egg custard (sounds gross but it's awesome). stay away from jello it gets old real fast. you will however have to fall madly in love with soup, chowders and bisques are good because they don't feel quite like liquid diet...Warner i am looking hard for the perfect book, what about steph does she have good material lined up? What time is the procedure on wed? is there anything we can do? How long will you be in the hospital? We love yall and are praying too
hank

Carol Hennessy said...

If you ever need a sitter for the new Puppy give us a shout, you know Alan and I are mad for German Shepherds. You'll have so much fun with him. The legs never grow at the same rate so there will be lots of awkward and clumsy moments. All the best this week. Our love and prayers are with you.

Kasey said...

I love the pic of the flower, really. And Warner, you have big thighs.

Anonymous said...

Warner, -sigh- you should know how we Bradleys know books...and the best people to go to for book ideas is your very own side of the family! One of the best books I've ever read is Katherine Neville's "Eight" -- I keep thinking about that book and how well-researched and thrilling it was. She has written two or three other books like "Calculated Risk" and "The Magic Circle" (i think). Even though these were written by a female author, you'll be so enthralled by how well-researched the writing is that you would not even notice.

Due to the city-wide "Gadsden Reads" project this year being "To Kill a Mockingbird", I finally got around to read it (I borrowed Hank's copy the last time I was in Auburn and took it with me). Just finished it yesterday and I could not wait to get to the point of not being able to remember so I could read it all over again. The reason I did not get to read it until now (28 years, must be a record) was largely due to not having an English teacher or even a college professor to assign it, so I never felt motivated to read this widely-read novel. Now I realized I've missed out a lot by not having read it earlier in my life.

Wow, I'm rambling and I'm at work. Anyway, I love your blogs. They certainly uplifted me, encouraged me even farther in my own walk. Stephanie, I am so glad that you are determined to see how the Lord is allowing this in your life, that you are ready to do what you need to do. Hebrews 5:8, Isaiah 55:9, and Psalm 147:10-11 are great verses to seek the Lord in this time. And Warner, keep up with the support, I know it's hard to stand by and not know exactly what it's like but to give the best support you can think of giving. Do give her more cake! I heartily recommend cheesecake in the morning, just ask your aunt Joan if you don't believe that it is my favorite breakfast :)

Steph, if you're lookin' for that cake that makes you groan at the thought of having cake again, that you could not stand the sight of another cake for a long time, then go for the RICHEST, RICHEST chocolate cake. Like a triple-chocolate cake (with too much cocao). You would definitely enjoy it the first several bites, but I recommend that you force yourself to polish off the plate. That is a guarantee that you would be temporarily cured of drooling over another cake for a long while.

And I'm excited that you'll be doing milkshakes. I miss having them, for they really did carry me through the whole day without being hungry. The standard recipe I went by: ice cream, milk, egg (yes, raw--so you better check to make sure you got healthy eggs), cinnamon, and sometimes chocolate syrup. The great thing about milkshakes is that you can create them and change the ingredients (such as adding bananas or using strawberry syrup) and not get tired of them. Unlike jell-o, as Suki says (sorry, my personal nickname for sister Susan).

And the dogs, they look so delightfully adorable! I did ask Chris if we can have a German Shepherd---but we have to think of the three dogs we have already, along with six cats and a bird. For now, I can only settle in asking y'all to give my hugs to Rueke (I hope I spelled that right) and Edgar.

Keep your eyes on Him,
Sarah

YFA Joan said...

Hey you guys! I am also thrilled that you are "walking the walk" that heretofore you could have easily just have been "talking the talk"! This leg of your journey promises to make you more aware of God's sovereignty and Grace. I love you both and am so glad Susu will be on the scene for hourly updates(and as you must have figured out she needs to be close to you!)Love and Kisses
Your Favorite Aunt Joan(aka YFA Joan)