Sunday, May 11, 2008

Home Movies and A House Full of Dogs A.K.A. I Really Need To Come Up With Better Titles

I try to stay as positive as I can on a daily basis. Obviously I do get depressed from time to time, but for the most part I know this is all happening for a reason, and I just keep telling myself that. I know that God is not going to give me anything that I can’t handle with His help, but sometimes I wish he didn’t have as much trust in me. Ya know? Sometimes I wish He saw my faith even simpler than it is, and was like, okay, here’s the deal, I’m not going to give you more than you can handle today, so today’s challenge is that you are going to stub your toe. But I guess it is reassuring that He sees me as capable as handling such a life changing event. I don’t know what gave Him that idea, but I guess He can see more in me than I can see in myself, and that motivates me, to know that no matter what, I will get through this the way that He has planned, and that I will be able to rejoice at the end of it.


Okay, enough of my emotional side. Ife – I don’t know if we’ll make it out to dinner before I have my surgery so I don’t know if I’ll be able to write about you on my blog! Gordon – continue to look for some books for Warner, I think he’ll be disappointed if you can’t find any. I’ll have to buy him the big pack of crayons (I did look at Wal-Mart last week for coloring books, but for myself, and could NOT find a single one anywhere!).


Edgar continues to bewitch everyone with his cuteness. We spent the night at my parent’s house on Saturday night and it was Edgar’s first time to meet the Bassets. Maggie was none to thrilled (she’s a moody old lady), but I think Eliza was excited to have a dog around that is her size (yes, our monstrosity of a puppy is the size of a full grown basset hound). Edgar was a little lost and pathetic this morning when Warner and I decided to sleep in and let my mom puppy-sit – apparently he sat in her lap whining. Speaking of little, sweet, innocent Edgar, as I am sitting here writing this, he just let out a very loud burp. Anyway, all four dogs played hard all day, so I’m hoping they will sleep well tonight!


My dad got out the home movies this afternoon and we watched some from my 7th birthday and my 1st birthday and a few other milestones in between. Let’s just say I was a cute kid! I was really worried that dance recitals were going to make an appearance, and that’s something even I should not have to relive - but they stayed put up on the shelf, thank goodness. My brother was pretty funny as a kid – he loooooved presents and did not really care what they were, just that he had more to open! It was pretty entertaining!


For those of you that think I am a good writer, please pass this along to all the English teachers that ever taught me – not a single one of them was ever pleased with my writing skills. Unfortunately, it was probably one of my least favorite classes in school, so I guess I never really tried to hard.


I will leave you with a picture of my beautiful smiling face (without make-up, so no judging!) I also really need a haircut as well! But hey, Edgar is pretty cute!!!



7 comments:

Diane said...

Stephanie, that's a beautiful picture of you!!! I want you to know that I copied a "portion" from both your and Warner's comments and e-mailed them to our Prayer Partners at Sager Creek along with your beautiful picture. Those who don't know you but have been praying for you will now have a picture. Your words carry much meaning for all of us, and they help put things in perspective... where they should be. Thanks for that. You have no idea how much that helps all of us.
We love you, and we're going to keep praying for you to the ONE who hears and cares.

You would be getting many more comments if people only knew how to do it. If they knew your e-mail address you would probably be flooded with messages. But for now just know that the Lord is getting those messages!!!
:-)

In Jesus' love,
Diane (for Dale, too)

beth landreth said...

hello you two wonderful grandchildren!!!! yes this is really grammy. but iam using eth's computer. i have read all your blogs and i'm so very grateful for your deep faith and that you do know that god is in control. remember He never makes a mistake and as you said He has promised to never give us more than we can handle. however, we sometimes think so. just know that you are constantly in my prayers and i do keep up to date on what's going on. my deep love to you. grammy

Anonymous said...

And we thought Stella was the only burping canine in the States! We regard it as evidence of a level of sophistication seldom found in dogs. In fact, we indulge the notion it is a precursor to speech. To test that, I suggest you put Warner and Edgar in a room by themselves and see who speaks first. My money is on Edgar.
We think He has you sized up correctly-- you are no "stub-toe" girl. You are proving that every day.
We love you.

Anonymous said...

Ok When I read these comments I cry!!! Grammy actually got on Beth's computer - how great is that???!!!!!!!!! And hal keeps writng but doesn't sign his name so we girls keep thinking it is Anderson Smith talking about Aunt Anne's plastic surgery!!!!!!!!! And yes, Stella and Edgar could go snout to snout with the burps -Stella is the worst!!!!!!!

Anna leaves at 5 am manana for her 8th grade trip to DC - she is sooooo excited! Bill leaves for his first TDY in 9 months - HOORAY!!!!!!!! Tacoma - I can't wait - just Gracie and me to hold the fort down! I'll have time to maybe get sone leaks fixed and toilets fixed and consolidate ALL my PTO stuff for 2 years so I can sign the stuff over to the new Treasurer (will I have enough time????????)....Love you both - can't wait to see yall soon - just let me know when....SKSB

gordon said...

Your picture is making us smile, Heather and Amber say hi, Debi says that your on her heart all day, and they all are laughing at the sight of me typing (and spelling). Read you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph. I love reading about your days and I especially love reading about your faith. Plese know that we are all praying for you.

The pic of you with Edgar is really cute. He is especially adorable. Not that you aren't too, but in this pic the back of the chair looks like little horns growing on top of your head!

Gonzalo & Yvonne said...

Stephanie I love your trust in the Lord. It reminds me of Mercyme's song "Bring the Rain". Know that we are always thinking of you and Warner.