Monday, May 12, 2008

Wilson Never Does Anything

Except talk to House that is. It would be easier if this were an episode of House. On House the medical mystery is never cancer (except the one time with the huge guy that had lung cancer and nobody thought to check because they were convinced he was sick due to his weight, he ended up being told he wasn't going to make it much longer, so maybe i should be more selective about which House episode we are in). Regardless, House is always over in an hour, or sometimes two, and that would be nice. Come to think of it Grey's Anatomy, which is at least about surgery (ok soap opera surgery) is generally over in about an hour, though ABC likes to make the episodes an hour and three minutes, one lesson learned the hard way with DVR. There are never surgeries that take anywhere from eight to twenty-four hours, with doctors working in shifts to stay rested. So where's the Grey's episode where no-one sleeps with anyone else, and a team of somewhere around three or four surgeons works around the clock removing and replacing a part of a twenty three year-olds tongue? Probably not interesting enough, although the reconstruction part of the surgery is really cool as it was explained today by the plastic surgeon. If they take the flap of skin and tissue from her forearm we won't have to worry about cancer there. Guess what they fill it in with to make me say something so brash??? 5 points to the person that answers correctly, points can be redeemed towards free airfare, point value is one penny per point, to be paid on arrival via charter jet to our doorstep. The answer will come tomorrow I'm told, so you should wait anxiously on the edge of your seat for it.

Shifting gears, I'm convinced that even though I have a blue-tooth, it is the technology that will bring about the fall of humanity as we know it. Today in the waiting room a larger lady that was in a wheel chair with a broken leg came in. She had her daughter move a chair for her so she could sit and not block an aisle. It was at this point what shall be known as the demise good ol' common courtesy began.
Lady (shouting): Hello! Hello! Hello! Can you hear me? Blah Blah Blah. Hello! Hello! Hello! Are you there? Blah Blah Blah Hello! Hello! Hello!...

You get the idea I'm sure.

Shifting gears again, Dr. Kaplan was a very nice person, and probably the second youngest of the doctor's we've met so far. Seeing as how this was a plastic surgery center he had a flip book of before and after pictures from surgeries that have been done there. He took a picture of Stephanie's tongue an I told her it would be pretty rockin' if she made it to the flip book because the lesion would probably scare the bejeezes out of the person looking through the pictures.

No new news today, Wednesday is pre-op preparation day and meet with the speech therapist day. we will be told exactly how close to the crack of dawn our presence is required at the hospital and hopefully get our insurance stuff squared away as far as allowing Stephanie to be admitted.

6 comments:

Paula said...

I know the answer already! Can I have my points?

Anonymous said...

I would like to know if I can use my points to get a cash back bonus. --- And I knew we were the same-ez, we love HOUSE. What a great show! And you're right, Wilson never does anything...

I am daily encouraged by reading your blog. The LORD has such great things in store for y'all, and I am so glad you are clinging to HIM in a time when it would be so easy to turn away and question HIM.

Know that we are praying for you and others who don't even know you are as well. We will pray that GOD would bring Himself glory and that a miracle would be done.

Anonymous said...

Here's your stupid Mom - WHAT IS THE ANSWER???????? And, I watch House! Clearly you write more details than you share over the phone - Thank you! Hope this day is a beautiful day for you both........SKSB

dawn w. said...

Ok, I've asked people at work and here's what we've come up with.

1st - If it's fat from your butt can I donate??? (I know Warner has more than enough, but I asked 1st)

2nd - bean bag filling

3rd - rubber pouch with air (ie. whoopi cushion) wouldn't that be fun.

4th - hand muscle

5th - cow's tounge

Any of them correct???????????

dawn w. said...

Ok, I've asked people at work and here's what we've come up with.

1st - If it's fat from your butt can I donate??? (I know Warner has more than enough, but I asked 1st)

2nd - bean bag filling

3rd - rubber pouch with air (ie. whoopi cushion) wouldn't that be fun.

4th - hand muscle

5th - cow's tounge

Any of them correct???????????

gordon said...

Yea, there was a guy in the mens room today at arbys that had a blue- tooth on, i had my back to him and he was washing his hands, all of a sudden he started cussing and talking smack, and me not knowing that he had the blue-tooth thought he was about to jump on me, i didn't know whether to turn around,or act like i didn't hear him, so still facing the wall i slowly turned my head and looked at him and much to my relief i realized he was talking on the blue tooth. Weird feeling.