Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mid Day Update Day 3

They've started giving Stephanie breathing treatments through the trach to make her cough, which will also help her get rid of it faster. It's really painful to watch someone with a trach cough, seriously it makes me feel so bad for her. They will also start making her move around some, this will hopefully make her feel better faster in the long run, though I imagine she'll be mad about it during the therapy sessions. She's slept for most of our two visits today, apparently she didn't sleep much during the night. I also talked to Dr. Pou, she still feels things are going great. I asked about the trach size, she said it was a normal size for women, maybe a little smaller because Stephanie has a small trachea, but definitely not a pediatric tube. As always she continues to look better every time we see her, I only hope this continues. We are all still anxiously awaiting Friday's pathology reports.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Comments from the MIL who needs to write a blog herself! Yep, Stephanie continues to look better - she is such a pretty girl even with those tubes eveywhere - even at 23 I never looked that good! Wahs is right the coughing looks so painful - I almost left the room cause I wanted to cry. I know many of you are wondering why they didn't go to MD Anderson - they truly made the perfect decision - Dr. Pou is an excellent surgeon and is so very nice and kind to my son(I bet she's sweet to Steph too)....and the people here at Our Lady of the Lake are nice and considerate. I truly believe they are where they should be for so many reasons. I am continually amazed by their love for each other; their love from their friends; and of course the love from the Owcarz, Barron, Bradley and Smith families. Thank you to all my friends that are emailing and calling to make me smile and laugh! If I haven't called you back , I am sorry - it's tough to talk to everybody! Continued prayers for the flap to take and the lab reports to be neg! SKSB

Jennifer said...

Deuteronomy 31:8

"The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid, but be brave of heart, so do not be discouraged."

I know He is with you all.

~~Jennifer (friend of Candy)

Diane said...

Warner and Stephanie,

I can't even begin to tell you how the Lord has ministered to my heart personally through you. His grace is so real, and we see it at work in your lives. God has used you (and another dear friend at Sager who is also going through a real trial at the same time) to show us His sufficient grace.

Today I was thinking of you as I read John 1 about the WORD who was in the beginning, who was with God and who is God and who became flesh and dwelt among us. He is the light of the world and He is LIFE. You know Him, and you have shown us the LIFE that lives in you. And HE's the ONE we're praying to about you. He hears and answers our prayers.

I just wanted you to know that God has used you already for His glory.

We love you and will keep praying for you.

Diane