Sunday, May 18, 2008

05/18/2008 1800hours H-11

Well here it is just 11 hours prior to showing up for Stephanie's surgery, and oddly enough, we're doing okay. Like Stephanie said we're ready to be over with it and at least start recovering. I like the idea of finally taking action against this thing, no more doctor's appointments where we talk about options and risks and everything else, but finally they will actually remove the problem and begin killing any residuals. I know the recovery from surgery will be tough on us, and more so the radiation and recovery from those treatments, but I really do feel like that will be easier. The light will be visible at the end of this long dark tunnel at least.

Today was the first real indication that we are actually going through with this though. Paula took our dogs to stay with her while Steph is in the hospital. A few minutes later we went to get Starbucks down the road, and when we came back in I thought something was wrong since Ruekie didn't charge down the stairs at me.

I will keep everyone updated on here throughout the day tomorrow, all your thoughts and prayers through the day will be greatly appreciated, although I probably won't answer either of my phones tomorrow either.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I can hardily imagine what you must be feeling and thinking right now. I hope that God has been able to nurture you in his peace and comfort, despite our understanding of why you are having to go through this struggle. Please remember that I am on my knees praying for you and will continue. Stephanie it is obvious that God has chose you to be used in an extravagant way. He must be so happy with how well you have handled all of this. You have trusted Him in ways that most wouldn't have, and you have proven yourself to be a strong woman of faith! Warner, Lance and I have been praying for you too that you will rely on the Lords strength and that you will find rest in his direction, so that you can encourage and care for Stephanie the way that you need to as her husband.
If there is anything that I can do to help with the dogs, with the apartment, ANYTHING! Please let me know...I'll be moving in next weekend.
Hope you find this verse to be encouraging.
"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" 1 Cor. 2:9

Michelle and Lance

Gonzalo & Yvonne said...

We will be here praying continually and earnestly for all of you tomorrow. We love you guys!
The Esquivel's

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Love,
Todd & Julie

Diane said...

A message from the Lord...

"Ps. 4:8... I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety."

Sager Creek Prayer Partners are praying for you!!!
:-)

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you!
We love you,
The Dancer's.

gordon said...

In our hearts, me and debi are with you, in everything, God is with you. In our prayers, we will see you in the morning

Anonymous said...

Steph & Warner,

We pray that you will continue to know & feel that you are in God's hands. Always know we and so many others are praying for you both now and throughout your recovery.
If you need ANYTHING please let us know!!

We love you!!
Gary & Rose P

Anonymous said...

Steph & Warner,
Praying for you both and your families too, knowing God will be there each step of the way.

All our love,
Neil & Debbie Hebert