Monday, May 19, 2008

And so it Begins

Today started off with Stephanie waking me up saying "It's four" the problem with that is I had set my alarm for 3:30. Then I found out I accidentally set my alarm for 3:30PM...oops.
So we got a later start than we were hoping and to rush around to get ready and leave by 4:35. We made it on time though and after signing some papers for the financial stuff we were ushered back to the prep room. Stephanie got dressed in her hospital gown and got some long leggings and socks out of the deal too. She was stuck twice more, once to take more blood for more blood work, and once for the IV. I got to watch Mike and Mike in the morning during all this, so I was happy. We met one of Dr. Pou's residents, Dr. Burke, and she was very nice as well, so were all the nurses that were taking care of her this morning. we were told that the surgery would take a while to actually start, maybe as late as 9:00am, but the lady just told us they had started at 7:30. Stephanie's pulse was going pretty fast this morning as I'm sure you can imagine, so the nurse anesthetist gave her some versed, which pretty much knocked her out like a light in about 3 and a half seconds. So now we (me, Stephanie's parents, and my mom) are all waiting in the waiting room, and my mom is standing four feet away from a gigantic tv that she hijacked to watch her stories because she has to get her NBC fix. That's all for now, more later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you guys today. Hope to see you later on today.

Crug said...

This weekend I was at a Tres Dias team meeting when your cousin asked that we pray for Stephanie. I just want you to know that she has been added to my list and I have already begun to pray for her. I understand that this may be a long day and I intend to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

By faith in the name of Jesus, this person, Stephanie, whom you see and know, was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through her that has given this complete healing to her, as you can all see. Acts 3:16