Monday, May 19, 2008

It's Going to be a LONG Day

So far about four or five surgeries have completed in the time we've been waiting here. It's interesting to watch the people come and go, I just wish we could be some of the people going.

We got an update at 8:30, they've finished the scopes that were part of the procedure, these were done to get a much better look at the esophagus and larynx than using the nasal scopes they have been using that you've head Stephanie talking about. There was no word on whether they saw anything, just that the surgery was going well.

At 10:30 they told us everything was progressing well in the surgery.

We've had two more updates with the same words as before.

At 3:30 they started the reconstruction. We are not sure if that means they already took the flap or not, or where they took/are taking the flap from. The reconstruction will probably be the longest part of the surgery as they have to connect lots of blood vessels under a microscope and all that so the flap is healthy.

Two more updates, the surgery is progressing and Stephanie is doing well.

I will update this post as we get updates through the day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Warner-
It's Sarah Babbitt from the great state of Washington! (I met you and Stephanie at your dad's retirement last fall. Remember? We hung out at the 'kids table'!) Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking about you guys and hoping all is well. The blog is great! Keep the comments coming! And, even though it's a little late, The Kite Runner is a great read.
Take care,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Warner, wow...that multiple Sx have already been performed before 9 a.m. today. I am glad to hear from you that things are going well. PTL!!!!!!! Always keep in mind that God is in control and that He has a purpose for everything. I can see so clearly how He is glorified through you and Stephanie. I would like to share one of my favorite verses: "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still" (Exodus 14:14).

We all love you.

Anonymous said...

even though I am here I am posting.....if you walk ALL the way to the Ladies room in the lobby it takes a long time - a good way to use it up (use the time up)! So neat to read what yall have written - makes me cry!!!! But thanks to all of you for your prayers - that makes my heart sing! So far the Owcarz's have treated me to the BEST crawfish/Shrimp boil - yummy......I have ONLY made Warner really mad 4 times - less than what it could be....and Steph only aggravated me twice!!!! Oh well aren't MIL's supposed to be a nuisance???!!!!!!! SKSB

Anonymous said...

praying for you and Steph throughout the day. love ya,

Marie

Anonymous said...

Hi guys. It's Nancy Jackson. We're out here on our boat in the Bahamas and actually have internet from our boat ~ a rare thing. Our family prayed for you this morning. We will continue to pray. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You're faith is amazing and it's really encouraging to us. We'll continue to check in.

Anonymous said...

Warner, You are never out of my prayers! I know the doctors are taking care of Steph, so PLEASE, let someone take care of you!
I love you, Baby Bop! Barney