Sunday, May 18, 2008

Just Because You Have Cancer - Don't Think I Won't Hit You!

The above quote is a loving quote from my brother from Friday and I can promise you I did absolutely nothing to provoke him in any way whatsoever! (He didn't actually hit me, so don't worry, I would have hit him back anyway!) So...on Friday, Charlie (my brother) came up and we spent the afternoon hanging out in Baton Rouge. We did some shopping, went to Best Buy, and had lunch at Perkins Rowe. We checked out the Fresh Market that is at Perkins Rowe, and it’s like a mini Whole Foods, and I love Whole Foods. I bought a couple of movies to watch in the hospital and found tons of clothes that I would have loved to have bought, but since I have no clue how much weight I’m going to lose, I’m holding off on buying clothes for now – I know, it’s a very sad situation since I live 2 minutes from the outlet malls! My parents came up a little later in the day for dinner. Warner and I introduced them to Jason’s Deli, which we really like, but it wasn’t the hit that we were expecting. Oh well. They stayed pretty late just hanging out and playing with the dogs (because they are tons of fun to watch!).


Today (Saturday) I slept pretty late, well, I slept off and on pretty late. When you have a puppy, you don’t have the luxury of sleeping late. I would wake up every so often and take the dogs out and then I would crawl back in bed while the dogs played in the living room – hoping and praying they did not find another pen to chew up. The one thing I have not had a problem with throughout this whole ordeal, has been sleeping. I have not lost any sleep – at all. I love sleeping though, I took tons of naps in college and I still love taking naps. When I was on steroids I would wake up a lot at night, but I had no problem going back to sleep after. Even now with the surgery getting close, I just wake up to take more pain pills and I go back to sleep. Warner and I went out to Luling for dinner, and my dad bought some boiled crawfish and he boiled up some shrimp – it was quite yummie! I’m going to have to decide fast what my last meal is going to be tomorrow – I have no clue what I want. Mrs. Susan (Warner’s mom) is in town now, so she can teach my mom how to play Canasta, so that when I am feeling up to it, we can all play! Hopefully she’ll keep my mom laughing this week and hopefully they’ll have a good time together.


Warner and I went and bought a new cell phone today – a Blackberry! Yeah, I’m super fancy now. I don’t have internet on it, but I do have one of those fandangled keyboards to make text messaging a whole lot easier and I have unlimited texts! So, while I won’t be able to talk on the phone to any of you for who knows how long (if it works out in my favor, even if I can talk, I may never answer another telephone again in my life – just kidding) I will be able to text like a texting fool - once I’m alert enough to send you something more than a few random letters of course.


So, in about 27 hours, I’ll be at the hospital getting prepped for surgery. I’m not really nervous, just anxious to get it over with. Since I’m in a good bit of pain already, I’m looking forward to having the surgery and getting on the road to recovery. Sure, I’m going to be in a lot more pain after the surgery and it’s going to be a long road to recovery, but they have the good drugs at the hospital (and I'll be there for quite a few days!), and I’ll know it’s a good kind of pain and I’m looking forward to getting my t-shirt!!


Oh side note! Dawn is going to be making a scrapbook for me of this whole crazy cancer adventure (which I’m really excited about, because I’m not going to remember much of next week), so if you take any pictures of me during the next couple of months, email them to me, or get them to me somehow so I can get them to Dawn (or just give them to Dawn). Okay, I really meant for this to be a short post, but oh well! Hopefully I’ll get one more post in tomorrow before I go MIA for a little while! Goodnight!

4 comments:

Carol Hennessy said...

Stephanie and Warner, Just know that we are praying for you and that we love you. You have an incredible strength and sense of humour that will see you through this. We all have our battles to face in life that test our faith. Some easier than others. I have my share of them and one that I wasn't sure I'd ever come out of into the light. But here I am happier than I've been in years.Just keep reminding yourself of all the good things and good people you have in your life and that they will be there for you now and when this is all over. There is a love of many angels watching over you. Carol and Alan

Unknown said...

Dear Stephanie,

You're probably going to get so many T-shirts that they'll last well into your old-age!!! I know I'll get you one for sure! TMc

Unknown said...

We're praying for ya'll. Blondie

Diane said...

A message from the Lord...

"Ps. 4:8... I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety."

Sager Creek Prayer Partners are praying for you!!!
:-)