Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Many Many Events

Yesterday and today have both been very eventful, and it's only 9:30 today.
Yesterday Stephanie took a walk half way down the hall, and then later with the physical therapist all the way down the hall (for those of you that didn't read my mom's news ruining comment, she really needs to get her own blog eh?). She also had her trach tested by Dr. Burke and later plugged to see how she did breathing through her nose and mouth only. She did really well. Today Dr. Pou came in to take a look at her. She said Stephanie was doing really well especially with her trach plugged. She was even able to tlak a little bit, but Dr. Pou wants her to go easy on the tongue movements until Monday, when she will start speech therapy. They are confident that if Stephanie can handle the feedings she will be going home tomorrow (Thursday). Later this morning, Dr. Burke came in and removed some stitches from the underside of Stephanie's tongue, the staples in her neck (I counted between 45 and 50), and the trach. Stephanie now has just a dressing over the place where the trach was. They say the trachea will heal in about 24-48 hours, and the incision in her skin in 1-2 weeks. Today Stephanie is also scheduled to go do the stair machine in the gym upstairs so that she can make it into our apartment. That's all I have to report now.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

MIL/MOM - Remarkable progress...........whoa is me.......how wonderful! Does it hurt her to breathe? Is she still on antibiotics for the lung thing? Sorry to take your thunder away - love to you both SKSB

Anonymous said...

Hi - you don't know me... (I'm a friend of Morgan's over here in Alabama. I think she's Stephanie's dad's cousin's daughter? Something like that....) Anywho, I've been thinking and praying for you ever since Morgan sent the prayer request and blog info. I check in frequently for updates. I am SO happy to hear that things are going well. Hang in there! Just wanted to send my support to you. Much love - from a stranger in Alabama. :o)

dawn w. said...

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Warner, I hope you're ready to be Mr. Nurse. I think you should do well at it. Just don't snatch Steph's tray away from her. I know how you treat the disabled.

I'm glad to hear that you'll be able to go home. I know the dogs will be extremely excited. (One request - send/post pictures of everyone when Steph feels like it. We'd love to see how you're all doing!!!)

Dawn W. :)

Anonymous said...

i think you should post ruekie and edgars blog on here so everyone can see...

Anonymous said...

ahhhh
i was just thinking about the tray hting the other day
good connection Dawn!!!!
lol ;)

anyways
yayayayayayayyay
im so happy!!!!

i love you both so much
i hope that the progress contiues to go this well

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful news-she seeems to be progressing faster than they thought-Stephanie, you are one tough girl-we are so proud of you!-Love, Anne and Hal

Anonymous said...

Aunt Lily, Bobby and I want you to know that we are SO-O-O-O thrilled and amazed at your news! God is truly Faithful in looking after us! Aunt Lily also says to tell you that she loves you both, but she doesn't have "all that computer stuff" so she is counting on me to be the messenger. We all LOVE you both! Barney

gordon said...

The good news is making us smile

Anonymous said...

We're all so happy to hear that Stephanie is doing so well! I hope her progress continues and your both in our prayers. -The other Bradley's

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.