Saturday, May 24, 2008

0 Witty Titles Here

Today was a good day all around. Stephanie had another drain removed from her neck, and the favorite nurse (Melissa) was on. She will be on again tomorrow, and we're hoping Stephanie's fever will stay down and she can convince them to move her to a room. The visits with Stephanie were all good, we were able to laugh and joke with her, she lost no time picking on my dad and mom, and Charlie.

Tonight Tim is on again. He came out to get me because Stephanie was having a new IV inserted because her other two were getting old and hard. She asked him to come get me for moral support. I was glad to do it. Afterwards he let me hang out with her for a little bit, which was cool, I got to play nurse, but I certainly didn't live up to Melissa's standards, and I'm not sure I made it to Tim's. I am pretty sure I blew Tina out of the water though. Apparently I'm just not quick enough for nurse work (except at scratching her back and head).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is good to hear that Steph is having better days and that you guys are holding up through that sense of humor. We have been praying for you both and are faithfully reading the blog to keep up in our prayers. Hope to see you this week.

Glenna said...

Good to hear some positive outcomes from all you've been through so far. I'll be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

MIL/MOM news! Life is good - the progress Steph has made in 36 hours is unbelievable! Temp has remained low and she is sitting in a chair at the moment......working on getting the feedings correct.....we are heading back to IL tomorrow - Candy and Steve will hold down the fort. She has been released to the Resp Care unit but no beds are available.........your continuous prayers are appreciated! SKSB

Anonymous said...

Warner,
I just want you to know that I am completely blown away by your stepping up to this task...the actions that are undoubtedly behind the little comments, your obvious desire to be nowhere else but with your bride and both of your devotion to each other is humbling to watch (unfortunatley from so far away)...you are doing your family proud, I consider it an honor to call you both my cousins and my friends...we love you and we are praying too
Hank