Friday, May 23, 2008

Results!

Today Dr. Pou gave us the pathology results. The tongue margins were clear, and only one lymph node was positive. The positive lymph node did not have extrusions (which probably would have led to chem-radiation) so that was good. The tongue margin did show tumor in the nerve endings (or something like that), but basically it doesn't change the treatment either.

Also they did a CT scan on Steph's Neck and chest. There were no abscesses in her neck so that was great, and they found what they think is the cause of the fever in her chest. Apparently she has fluid in the lower lobe of one of her lungs and it is partially collapsed. She should be fine with antibiotics, they have her on pretty strong road spectrum stuff and may put her on something more specific when the cultures finish growing from the snot.

Stephanie wasn't doing great in the third visit today, frustrations were running high all around due to communication again, and she was running a VERY high temp, coughing a lot, etc.

The last visit of the day went awesome though. My dad and sister drove down so she had even more visitors today. Luckily it was on this last visit of the night when she was feeling the best. She seemed pretty happy to get to see them too, although I think Anna was scared of hurting her. All in all today is probably the best day we've had since Monday.

Oh yeah I finally got a real couch so I slept a lot better last night. Tonight it looks like I'm going to share this area with a couple of ladies, they better be quiet or I'll make my mom ask them questions.

10 comments:

gordon said...

Thanks for the good news. Good night my freind

Anonymous said...

I hope everything continues going smoothly as can be expected. Let her know that her fellow geopigs are rooting for her.

Sarah White

Kasey said...

That's awesome that you'll just get your mom to pester them. Tell her hi for me, though I know she reads this, so alas, hi mom. And your good news brings a smile to my face because I think it came at a much needed time for you and everyone. It's also nice to hear your massive stature (aka the thighs) got to sleep on a larger couch.

Anonymous said...

Kasey hey to you and your sweet bride Hal! Laughing so hard now about the pester and especially the thighs!!!!!! Off to see SS - stands for sweet Steph - who is showing her spunk so we know she is getting better! Anger means progress!!!!!! Both Bill and Anna are pleasantly surprised by how good she looks - I'm telling yall she is the prettiest person in ICU I've ever seen!!!!! We'll fwd pix of her train tracks later! OK this is the MIL/MOM speaking.......Candy and Steve went home last night for much needed rest in a real bed! They'll be back for the second visit at 1pm today.....thanks again for all your prayers.....SKSB

Anonymous said...

yeah warner is pretty much right about the hole "scared of hurting her thing" but in the end i realized that staying away from her to keep my germs from her may have given the wrong impression to everyone in the room



but all in all she looks phenomenal to the images that were rushing through my head


if anyone has a rather vivid imagination like me....you can rest easy in knowing that this is not a horror film in the ICU in fact its practically a beauty pagenat

lol ;)

ahhhhh....i cant do my heart thingy on warner's computer!!!! this makes me sad

anna

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you all week and so thankful for the good news. Hope Stephanie is having a good day! Love to all of you!!!
SueEllen in B'ham

Anonymous said...

We are happy to hear the good news. We are keeping her in our prayers. All of you take care!

The Calderon family

Anonymous said...

Ok this will be a miracle if it goes through. Hi Wa and Stephanie. Aunt Liz and Uncle Larry here. This mode is very high tech for those of us who have just (recently) figured out our cell phones! I have read the blog each day to keep up with the progress. Warner, I am so glad Stephanie has you there with her. And Stephanie, our thoughts and prayers are with you constantly. It sounds like you are improving daily although certainly not fast enough. I am sure this is so frustrating for you all. Lean on your faith and each other and you will get through all of this. That is all my wisdom for now. Love to you all, Liz and Larry

Daphne said...

Great news, We have been praying everyday. I know it is frustrating not being able to communicate. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Steph, I am so proud of you and your awesome attitude through this.

Diane said...

Warner... You make me laugh!!!
That last comment about making your mom ask those ladies questions was so funny!!!!
:-)

How we praise God for the good results. We'll continue to pray for Stephanie. God is using you in mighty ways for His glory.

I'm keeping our Prayer Partners at Sager updated with portions from your blog. Our small group Bible Studies, Choir, and SS classes are praying too.

You are loved.

Diane (for our Sager Creek Family)