Monday, May 5, 2008

It's "Reschedule My Appointments Day" Apparently

My radiation consultation appointment was moved up to tomorrow and we have to go in at 6:30 in the morning!!!! Did they not get the memo that I am NOT a morning person and that I really like my sleep? The doctor has appointments in Hammond all day but they wanted to make sure I got in my consultation before my surgery so we are meeting super early. I have my doctor’s appointment to find out everything else, on Wednesday, and it was moved back from 8am to noon. I guess we have been waiting this long, 4 more hours won’t kill us. I’m just getting to the point where I just want it all to be over with – the anticipation is absolutely killing me.


Edgar has been great so far. He has only pottied on the carpet once (the night we brought him home) and he has not woken up at night, even when I have to take more pain meds! I was up at 6:30 Sunday morning with him and 5:30 this morning, which is early, but I was awake both times, so it wasn’t a big deal. And I don’t have to entertain him – that’s Ruekie’s job and they played so hard this morning. He is learning to sit and he knows how to kennel in Ruekie’s kennel when you tell him too, even though he doesn’t like it very much and he pouts. I shall leave you with a picture of THE EARS! Prepare to fall in love! They kiiiill me!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that puppy is so cute, steph!!

what did you think of iron man? i liked it!

good luck with the consultation!

Anonymous said...

awwww!!! hes sosososo cute!!!
i ♥lovelovelove♥ him sososososo much!
i ♥lovelovelove♥ you and warner too!!!
and i hope the consultation goes well!!!
♥anna♥

Anonymous said...

where are all the things I have written??????? Another down the tubes.....I hate this! anna WILL TRY AND HELP
mom


she forgot her password
so im gonna make a new account for her
thats why its anonymous

The Frugal Muse said...

Okay, those ears ARE adorable. I think this is a great time for you guys to get a new puppy- it sounds like he has already been bringing lots of smiles to your faces.

Hope the consultation goes great tomorrow.

Cherissa

Anonymous said...

I just want to say that Ruekie was mostly calm when you brought him home too...and remember how crazy he turned out to be!! :) That is a BIG puppy! love you guys and am thinking about you...I'm glad you were getting in all that cake.

Travis Lamar Atwood said...

I must ask. Where did the name Edgar come from? And I don't know how much y'all are up here for Lady of the Lake, but you should give me a holler if y'all are just sitting around. I'd totally take y'all out to lunch. I'm pretty much done with the semester at this point and I'm twittling my thumbs until I ship out for field camp(yes I'm TAing field camp, and its not going to be anywhere near as cool as ours was.)
...And reading your blog makes me want some cake.
-Travis

Daphne said...

I am so glad to keep up with how you guys are doing. We are praying for you. Man Steph you sure can make a cake sound soooo good. The cakes down here are a bit different(not real sweet) what is the point of a cake if it's not sweet?!

Edgar is adorable, where did that name come from? He sure is big for just six weeks.

Josie said...

First of all, I just want to say how embarrassed I am that my mom commented on this blog before I did! I am officially out of the technology loop!!! Note to self: get internet at home.

Anyway, I am so glad you guys are keeping us updated so well. It helps us know better how to pray for you. And, can I say that the cake diet sounds fabulous! I wish I could join you but I won't since I'm still trying to work off the last nine months!

I promise to comment as often as I can so you will have more to read! Love you guys!