Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Warner's Day 1

I'll start by saying I hope it's obvious this blog was created and layout was chosen with absolutely no input from me whatsoever.

When Stephanie told me I didn't believe her. Like her I never thought they would call to tell her she had cancer. I will say my original dislike for the oral surgeon, who came off as pushy and somewhat arrogant, disappeared rather rapidly. Stephanie told me he had made arrangements for us at the hospital and I of course wanted to go right away, but she apparently has a much stronger work ethic than I do because she finished what she was doing before we left.

As she mentioned we waited for what seemed like forever in the waiting room, and the lady she so nicely called "feisty" made other words come to my less innocent mind. The mean part of me really wanted to get in before the lady that made such a big stink about waiting for two hours, but she was called right before we were. The saddest part of the waiting room was a little old lady in a wheel chair that was sleeping, she woke up and asked her daughter where they were, her daughter told her they were waiting to see the doctor, her reply was "We haven't seen the doctor yet?" It truly broke my heart to be admitted before them, even though she clearly wouldn't know the difference.

The coolest part of the whole thing was Stephanie's least favorite, when Dr. Pou scoped through her nose to look at her voice box, and i could see the light in her mouth coming from down her throat.

And now we wait until Wednesday the 7th to get any real news or updates.
Waiting is one of the hardest parts.

4 comments:

Rev Kicks said...

At least one of you had a sliver of enjoyment in such a hard day! To bad she couldn't have enjoyed it either.

beth landreth said...

Warner and Stephanie,
We love you and are praying for you. Aunt Joan, Aunt Glen and I are off to Florida early tomorrow for Pop's surgery - what is going on in this family? I will be checking your blog often. I like this idea,
Love you,
Aunt Beth

George Banton said...

Your mom just sent me the link to your blog. You are both in my prayers.

Cancer! Been there, done that. I have the t-shirt.

Love George Banton

Lawn Avenue said...

Love that dog-the ears-stephanie we all wish you a speedy recovery to train your new baby. Love The Mullis'