Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Just Call me Glow-Worm

Today is “Light up Like a Christmas Tree Day.” I have my PET and CT scans this afternoon and my mom is coming up to go with us and then we are going shopping!!! I have to fast from 9:00 on and it never fails that it would be the one day that I actually eat breakfast, and I’m still hungry! Yesterday I had blood work done - and have I mentioned I hate needles because I really do! I got a call at lunch from the doctor’s office telling me I needed to have my blood work done before I had the scans so they could make sure my levels were normal before they made me glow in the dark. So we went on in and had the blood work done which took all of 2 minutes and then I headed back in to work.

Dawn and Paula met me at the apartment after work for a girl’s night, plus Warner, and we all went out to dinner. I had boiled crawfish – which was absolutely amazing! I’m really going to miss solid food. Dinner consisted of a lot of laughter and even liquid shooting from Dawn’s nose. I bought a butter cream frosting cake from the store for dessert, because I figure it can only help to put on a little weight over the next week or so before I’m stuck drinking hamburgers.

I caved last night and took a half of a hydrocodone before bed and scored about 3 ½ hours of straight sleep and only woke up once throughout the entire night! This is a miracle because when I was on higher doses of the steroids, I was waking up about once an hour – at least. And if you knew me in college, I was the kid that slept 10 hours every night and took 4 hour power naps in the afternoon. But, now that I’m working on getting off the steroids, I’ve been sleeping for longer periods of time and waking up less. Now I usually just wake up when the pain meds are wearing off.

So that is all that is new for now! I’m sure I will have all kinds of news to post after my scans!!

0 comments: