Sunday, October 26, 2008

Border Collie Riding Monkeys

And I sooooo want one! We went to the Angola Prison Rodeo today and it was amazing. I can't believe what some of those prisoners will actually do. We only saw one guy that got hurled in the air that didn't move when he hit the ground. A few of the other inmates carried him off. This was during the last event where they tie a poker chip between the horns of a very unhappy bull and the prisoners all run around and try and get it off (they win money for this event). The other event that was painful to watch but was a lot of fun was the poker game. During this game four guys get a deck of cards and sit down at a poker table. They let a bull loose in the ring and the last man to stay seated is the winner. While the guys are sitting there you have rodeo clowns running around making the bull very angry. During the second round, the bull broke the table, but two guys remained seated. The bull got a folding chair stuck around his horn and his leg. Once he broke through that, he was seriously looking for some revenge. He was kicking up dirt and had his head down ready to charge. Thankfully, he didn't hit anyone on that charge. Okay, now my favorite part: the monkeys. They let a few bighorn sheep loose in the ring and then three border collies with MONKEYS riding on their backs came out and herded the sheep in to a pen, and then into the back of a truck. It was amazing. I think we need a monkey to ride on the back of Ruekie. It would be so cute! 


When we finally got home we took the dogs out to run around. Well, apparently Edgar got rolled by either Ruekie or their friend Amos (or maybe his own feet) and came limping back and whining. He seemed okay after and kept running around after the other two dogs. When we got ready to leave we noticed blood on the tennis ball and Edgar's mouth was dripping. He had bit his tongue! The poor guy got locked in the bathroom when we got home until he stopped bleeding and then he got a bath! What a miserable night for him! 

On another note, I weighed myself last night before I went to bed and then I weighed myself again this morning when I woke up, apparently I lost seven pounds over night, SEVEN pounds! Aren't you only supposed to lose like two or three? See, this is the battle I'm up against. I'm hoping the endocrinologist gives me a call tomorrow (I'm following up with him from my tilt table test). The cardiologist called Warner and gave him a quick run through of my test results and he said it showed a "slight abnormality." You think??? Ha. Hopefully I will find out soon what they are going to do for me, if anything. 

Okay, well it's bedtime. So, if any of you want to go buy me a trained, dog - riding monkey, I can promise I would get you the coolest Christmas gift ever. Like cookies or something, maybe even a cake. That's it, I'm asking Santa for one.

1 comments:

Brad and Gina Moreman said...

Th rodeo sounds so fun - i hate we missed it. BUT I did get to see Brad wrangle a steer this weekend- kind of the same thing... I'm so thankful no cancel was found!! GOD is good! Hope y'all have a great week!