Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Boogers!

The seasons have officially changed here in Louisiana as of yesterday (we do things differently here and don't change with the rest of the country) because my allergies are OUT OF CONTROL! We got some serious rain yesterday afternoon and that must have triggered it. I've been walking around all day doing that half squinty eye thing like you're on the verge of sneezing. 


My appointment with Dr. Pou last week went well. It was the parade of the residents (not really, there were only two with her) but she had them looking at everything along with her and she was explaining my case and I answered a few of their questions. The only frustrating part was that it took twice as long to be scoped because Dr. Pou had the residents look down my throat as well. Oh well, all for the name of science I guess. I got in a lot of trouble for losing 7 pounds (in seven weeks) so I got lectured and was told to drink an ensure in the afternoon (not going to happen because they are NASTY!). So I bought protein powder and frozen fruit and make my own smoothies that way. I'm not gaining any weight though, I guess it's okay as long as I'm not losing any more. I'm okay with it all though, because it gives me an excuse to go shopping (as if I need an excuse!) but enough about that.

Warner's shut down started yesterday and he was super tired by the time he got home last night. We went to the Saints football game on Monday night and got home at about 1:00 am. He woke up at 5 Tuesday morning to get ready for work and he got home at 10 last night. He was back up at 5 this morning, but hopefully he will get home a little earlier tonight.

This weekend we will hopefully be going to Auburn and I think that cancer should be off - limits for conversation. I don't want people telling me how good I look because contrary to popular belief, I really don't like all the attention! Hank (Warner's cousin) and I are going to take some pictures at an old cotton gin at some point over the weekend. The cotton fields are blooming as well, so I'm really looking forward to that since I just got a new camera (canon 50d). Anna (Warner's sister) is coming down to Louisiana tomorrow night and is going to Auburn with us. Should be fun! Maybe she'll model for me so I can get used to my camera! 

Yesterday was my last day of physical therapy. I got a tshirt for finishing (how appropriate, right?). I have been going to PT since the end of June. I had ten weeks total plus some breaks in the middle because my neck was super burned from the radiation. I brought in some pictures with me so we could all remember what I looked like back when I started and so they could see some pictures of me looking horrible in the hospital (because yeah, I looked horrible). At my first therapy appointment I threw up once and my arm was still attached to the wound vac. So, it'll be weird not going since I've gone for so long, but I've come a long way since that first visit. They told me to come back and visit but they didn't want to see me again for therapy. 

4 comments:

Brad and Gina Moreman said...

can't wait to see you guys... I may want to take some pictures with you too if the cotton is out - of Addie of course. Hope the shut down goes well.

Anonymous said...

Hey! i'm mentioned!!!!!!!!'lol ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie,glad to hear you are doing so well and we are glad things are going so well for you.
Hope to see you soon.

The Dancer's

P.S. We went to the Saints game on Monday too, lots of fun !! Wish they would have won though.

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, Glad you are doing so well! Glad you are getting out more. What will you do with all your extra time??(no PT appt.) Maybe Edgar and Ruekie can get a long walk....1 at a time though! Have a great weekend. Hugs from Arkansas! Ps even though the HOGS can't seem to get it together...our Siloam Springs Panthers are 5-0!