Sunday, September 7, 2008

Blue Room...You Saw Me Standing Alone...

Ha, okay, sorry, no more singing made up lyrics to country songs. We are back in Gonzales. We made it back this evening and it really isn't as bad here as I was expecting. West Baton Rouge had some intense tree damage but for the most part, Gonzales just looks like places normally do after a hurricane...lots of branches down along with a few trees and there are some blue roofs as well, but not that many. I went to the grocery store and it was pretty bare so I had to pick and choose what I could to make some meals. I didn't buy too much though because we are watching Ike, and if we have to evacuate I don't want to have to mess with cleaning out the fridge before we go. The grocery store was pretty busy as well, when I pulled up there was a line outside (it had cleared up by the time I got to the door) and when I left there was a line that had formed again - they were only letting so many people in at a time. 

I looked at the pictures I posted of my tongue, and I realized why everyone was so confused by them...I took them with my computer and for some reason, the pictures reversed themselves. My flap is actually on the right side (but it looks like my left in the picture) and the scar is on my left arm (although it looks like my right). Does that clear things up a little? 

Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment with Dr. Fields and I'm going to beg and cry to have my feeding tube taken out! I'll let you know how it goes. 

Okay, now some pictures of everything we did in Tulsa! 


Our blue bedroom...






The entertainment stand that Warner and Todd built

The entertainment stand and the messy living room. I had to take everything off the old gigantic entertainment stand so next trip up I will have to find somewhere to put everything. You can see Ruekie in the bottom right of the picture...



Jackson and Girlfriend!

Shauna and Todd, Jackson's parents if you couldn't see the resemblance. They are also the wonderful people that are keeping an eye on our house while we are gone and our cookout buddies when we are in town.


Jackson! This is after we promised him a cookie. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admit I was one of the ones that was embarrassed to confess my confusion! Whew! I was thinking I was crazy or even worse--Stupid!
I love your blue room--If you ever want simple window dressings let me know--that's what we did on our last visitto Josie's. I hope we do get to see you guys soon. Loving your progress!
YFA Joan

Anonymous said...

Hey! Ya'lls room is the same color as mine now! (although I have to admit I wasn't the one who painted it, it was blue when I moved in...)