Monday, September 8, 2008

"Next Time We Evacuate I'm Bringing My XBox" - Warner

So Warner decided he didn't like getting stuck doing work around the house during our vacation. After the entertainment center was built and the room was painted, he proclaimed, "Next time we evacuate I'm bringing my xbox so I don't have to do all this again." I guess it's a good thing I got him to do a few things this time because it looks like I won't be able to do anything next time we are there (unless we "accidentally" forget the xbox). 


I had my appointment with Dr. Fields today and it was a good appointment, of course. All the nurses were amazed at how well I looked as was Dr. Fields (although he expresses things differently than all the nurses do). I got scoped, as usual, but Dr. Fields isn't so bad when he does it - it barely hurts, you just have to blow your nose for a little while after to get all the lubricating stuff out. He also said I was talking really well and he didn't make any comments about my weight (I'm still a few pounds down from when I finished treatment, but I haven't lost any since Mell weighed me two weeks ago - apparently I'm the only one on this planet that can eat out for lunch and dinner every day for a week and a half and NOT gain any weight). I also asked him about getting my feeding tube taken out because I haven't used it in a little over 3 weeks. He was amazed that I haven't used it at all and said to go ahead and have it pulled. So, after my appointment we immediately called Dr. Pou's office so she could get an appointment with the GI doctor set up, but they haven't called us back yet (Monday is her day in surgery, so I'm guessing she wanted to call Dr. Fields before she set up my appointment or she just wanted to wait until tomorrow to deal with it). So, I'm hoping the nurse calls tomorrow and we can get the ball rolling on this. 

That's all I've got for now. My parents are living it up in Yellowstone right now, and even though I'm not a big fan of Yellowstone, the Tetons are really close by (Lake Solitude anyone?), and it's not that long of a drive to Glacier (just the whole state of Montana pretty much) and I would definitely rather be in Glacier right now. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you in Arkansas recently! Also, glad to here of your great Dr. report and about you getting the feeding tube taken out.

Kerwin and Vicki

Anonymous said...

Great! I know you are anxious to get that PEG tube out. I am SOOOO hoping that y'all come up for the Auburn-Arkasas game. We can have a canasta fest for those who don't go to the game!
Blessings,
YFA Joan O -today I went to buy birthday cards(I'm so glad mortgage rates are down since I have to get a loan-we have so many Fall birthdays) and I realized I don't remember when yours is(Steph)

Anonymous said...

Steph - soooooo happy about Dr appt!!! And i too love the blue room! And Wahnah, great job on TV table.........Feb ? is your B'Day 7???? I am a TERRIBLE MIL sorry!!!!!! I do love you anyway Steph! Am trying to convince Bill and Anna to drive to Auburn as I will be in Beaufort for Chris Banton's wedding,,,.....LOVE YOU give the kids a kiss for me! MIL/mom/sksb

Anonymous said...

PS Dad (bill) is really doing great - not too sore and is not taking pain pills after his bike wreck!!!! I am pleasantly surprised!!!!!!!!! we'll see hoe he feels Thurs nighjt when he gets back from Tacoma!!!!! Love SuSu

Diane said...

Stephanie.... YOU'RE NO FAN OF YELLOWSTONE???!!!
How can than be?????????
:-)
I only say that because it's one of our family's favorite vacation spots.
God must have had so much fun creating us all with different likes and dislikes!!!
You are one of His SPECIAL CREATIONS! You're teaching us a lot about walking through difficult times with a sense of humor and trusting the Lord. Thank you for that. We love you.

Diane
:-)