Friday, September 19, 2008

No Tube + No Tape + Rice Krispie Treats = Happiness


Well, there it is, the lasting reminder of my feeding tube. You can click on it and enlarge it and see it better if you feel the need! It looks just like my belly button, except for it being all red and stuff and it is slightly longer, and it is perpendicular to my belly button. You can see how red my stomach was from the tape that was on there. Also, if you look back at the picture of me with the feeding tube still in from the other day you can see how my stomach was swollen around it - it still is a little bit but not nearly as bad as it was. 

In other news, Edgar is going back to the vet on Monday because they forgot to do half the surgery. They neutered him but they forgot to fix his hernia. I am definitely not a happy camper, but they said they would not charge us for the anesthesia. Whatever, it basically just means I have to keep him calm longer so he doesn't bust his stitches. Woohoo! 

Here is a little conversation that Warner and I had the other night. 

Me: What is the air set on, I'm cold.
Warner: I never touched it.
Me: Okay, I'm still cold (I was trying to get him up to go adjust it)
Warner: We can make spooky cookies!
Me: What?!?!
Warner: Cookies, for the dogs... spooky cookies
Me: Are you awake?
Warner: Yeah (he was very confused at this point)
Me: Fine, then what was I talking about
Warner: Spooky cookies
Me: No, the air conditioner, I'm cold. What are spooky cookies???

We were laughing too hard at this point and the air conditioner never got adjusted. Warner is notorious for talking in his sleep, or falling asleep in the middle of conversations at night and he says some of the CRAZIEST things! I call it his brain tumor. My favorite conversation was a few weeks ago and he was praying and prayed for the moat around Paula's castle. Then a few nights ago we had this conversation:

Warner: (he was praying).....And make Paula smarter than she appears
Me: Did you just call my best friend dumb?
Warner: Huh??
Me: You totally just called my best friend dumb! 
Warner: *realizing what he had said* Aww...now Paula's dumb because I prayed her that way!

Haha. Paula is not dumb. She's actually quite smart and not just because she's in grad school (I mean I'm not in grad school and I'm definitely one the smartest people in the whole world...stop laughing at me!). She's pretty much only smart because she's my best friend and that's the number one requirement to be my best friend (HA!). 

Okay, back to cancer since that's what you guys want to hear about right? I have an appointment with Dr. Bienvenu on Wednesday, just for a check up and blood work so no big deal. Hopefully we will be able to find out then when my PET scan will be (sometime in October). I was supposed to have an appointment with Dr. Pou that day as well but it got pushed back a week. And that's it in the cancer world. 

I ate a rice krispie treat today and it was quite tasty. OOOOH! And pumpkin spice lattes are back at Starbucks and I LOVE them! My bottom front teeth are really sensitive today. Not to hot or cold, but it still feels like it so I'm taking ibuprofen to keep from going insane (and I bought some sensitive toothpaste). I think it might be that the tip of my tongue is irritated (it's red today). So I'm hoping the problem fixes itself soon! I'm feeling a good bit better today too, On Wednesday and Thursday I was really light headed and dizzy and I had a slight fever. My appetite was really low too which didn't help the problem. The good news is that I'm feeling better this afternoon, the bad news is, the dishes PILED up over the past couple of days and it is going to take me a year to get them all washed! 

I'll try and convince Warner to post an update on his life here soon. 

8 comments:

Hayley said...

Yay for being PEG free! It's good isn't it - now I can't even remember what it was like to have a tube coming out of my stomach lol.
My scar looks a bit different, I can't explain it - maybe I'll take a picture one day and put it on my blog.
xxx

Anonymous said...

maybe ur tongue is red because u burned it with the spice pumpkin latte.. ;P

Sarah

Paula said...

I'm pretty sure people want to hear more about me... don't need to talk about the cancer :-p. Love you! And I want to go camping on my week break in October for a few days and you're invited.

Anonymous said...

Good Saturday Morn!!!!!! Love the sleep conversations you have with Wahnah.......yall are too funny! nice to know that Paula is foremaost on his mind too - moats and brains!!!!!!!! Love yall - am so sorry about the young one's next surgery.........Love yall sooooo much SKSB

Anonymous said...

yeah...the talking in the sleep thing runs in the family....i say both sides of the conversation

you should tape it one time....dianna recorded me one time and we ended up lauging for like an hour after that one....so yeah....its not just him

love you guys!!!!
anna

Anonymous said...

is paula in grad school or grade school?

Anonymous said...

is paula in grad school or grade school?

Diane said...

Stephanie,

You crack me up!!!!!
:-)
You need to write books. They'll sell great.... books that make people laugh!!!
You and Warner just have too much fun!!! Those conversations in bed are hilarious!!!

So glad to hear the good news that your feeding tube is finally out!!!
YEA!!!
Praising God for it.

Love ya,
Diane (for Dale, too)
:-)