Sunday, December 14, 2008

Reason # 367,916,748,352 Not To Take Me Out In Public




Me: OOOOOHHh...LOOK! It's SAMPRAS! 
Warner: Huh?
Me: It's Pete Sampras! 
Warner: Where?
Me: There! It's stinkin P.E.T.E.S.A.M.P.R.A.S.  !!!!!!


This little conversation took place today as Warner and I were driving on to LSU's campus to go watch the Pete Sampras vs. James Blake match. As we were pulling in to the parking lot, there were a bunch of people walking from the outdoor courts to the arena where the match was going to be played. During this point in time, I was people watching and I see this guy walking with a tennis racket. Me, being the judgmental person that I sometimes can be, think to myself, who's the MORON with the tennis racket. Well, then my little outburst from above took place. And yeah, the MORON with the tennis racket was PETE SAMPRAS. I called Sampras a moron. Not to his face, and only in my head, and in the safe confines in the car. After my outburst I told Warner that I was just wondering who the "moron with the tennis racket" was and when I realized it was Pete Sampras so it obviously was okay for him to be carrying a tennis racket if he wants to. I mean, he could take his racket to the grocery store or the flower shop if he so chooses and no one could tell him that he can't because he's Pete Sampras. 


I think he has the most recognizable serve ever. Check out the form! It's amazing! 
Watching him play makes me REALLY want to get out and play again.


So, as we were walking in to the arena, JAMES BLAKE was walking in front of us going in to the arena. So, OF COURSE, I look at Warner and say in my loud whisper voice (yes, that one Paula) LOOK IT'S JAMES BLAKE but I'm pretty sure he didn't hear me. When we got to the top of the stairs in to the arena these ladies were bending over the railing and yelling down to James Blake and waving at him. It was really funny and I'm pretty sure he heard them because they had huge grins on their faces!




This was at the start of the 3rd set. Sampras was feeling the fatigue and was goofing off here and hobbling around and stretching like an old man. 
They were pretty funny the whole match goofing off back and forth.


There was also a wheelchair tennis exhibition match 
I'm pretty sure those guys could have kicked my butt!


So, in case you were wondering - Pete Sampras won! I might post more pictures online later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My goodness!!! Pete and James - so NEAR yall! How cool is that//?????? Wish I wa there! Dogs look precious in the snow...can not wait to s ee yall LOVE MIL/Mom/ sksb

Kasey said...

hehe i can see steph trying to say sampras. i would have been sceaming too. this is hal by the way. kasey would not be screaming

Paula said...

haha, I bet he's not deaf too... p.s. that's super exciting. I'm suprised you didn't pee your pants.