Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Turns Out, I'm NOT The Celebrity In The Family

So today, I became a big girl and went to my first doctor's appointment all by myself since this whole ordeal began (except for my endocrinologist appointments). And you know what?!!? EVERYONE asked me where Warner was - so much for me being the super-star. I told them that I decided I was a big girl and didn't need him at every appointment. So, now I'm flying solo, kind of. I brought Dr. Pou and Mell Christmas cards and they went all girly emotional on me - at least Mell did, which makes me feel special! Anyway, so it was a good appointment, I have some slight swelling in my larynx but that is normal and is probably from me having a cold. The first thing Dr. Pou did when she got in my room was pull out my chart and start rattling off all my weights from past visits. Yeah, I'm down another four pounds. I told her what my endocrinologist said and that they make fun of me for eating all the time at work. She just doesn't want me to waste away. I only had one resident come in and look at me this time and I've moved on to two months in between visits - which is only an extra 2 weeks, so not that big of a deal. I had blood work done for my endocrinologist by some nurse who was all business. She didn't say a word to me when I tried to talk to her, then she jabbed my arm with the needle, patched me up, and in the most grinch-iest tone said "Happy Holidays." I left wondering what had just happened!

Dr. Pou sprayed both sides of my nose today before she scoped me. I had mentioned to her that I had a stuffy nose from my cold so she told me the spray would help unstop it. Well, the spray worked wonderfully (except for making my nose and sinuses numb) until about noon and at that point I started sneezing every few minutes and projectiling boogers everywhere and blowing out massive amounts of boogers! So that has been fun. Aren't you guys glad that you are reading this and finding out about my boogers?

So, that's about it in my world. Oh, does anyone have any good tips for getting red liquid cough medicine out of carpet? Edgar knocked over a bottle on the coffee table that apparently was not closed all the way and yeah, our carpet is still a little pink...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

dON'T LET wARNER'S HEAD GET TOO BIG!!! yOU ARE STILL THE CELEBRITY! Love you and Wahnah and pooches - MIL/Mom/sksb

Anonymous said...

Hey, Carbona is GREAT for removing stains. You can't find it everywhere, mostly Winn Dixie/ Save A Center. They are little yellow bottles for specific stains ( you buy one for ink another for grass stains, another for grease...) I think they have one for red dyes. I think they work great! Good luck! Hope your cold gets better. Cali has croup right now, so we totally understand yucky colds and coughing! Blondie:)

dawn w. said...

This is going to sound weird, but Windex actually helps take stains out. I've seen it work on red (fresh) stains, but I don't know how well it will work for older ones. (And NO - I did not get this remedy from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", though I do love that movie.)

Dawn

Anonymous said...

I am leaving my job of 13 years for an opportunity to work with 3 handicapped kids. With the holidays, Mom's total knee surgery, and waiting this "2 week notice" it has been a crazy stressful time. Hope you have a great weekend. Give the "boys" a pat on the head for me. I will enclose my email address....would you send me your mail address via email cjmfrosty@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I'll have to check my book of housewifery for getting cough medicine out of carpet. I'll report back to you ASAP.

That grinchy nurse sounds HORRIBLE!

Merry Christmas to you and Warner!