Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Needle Stick 50 Bajillion and 7...Seriously

I'm actually updating, so I guess that means some life changing event has taken place since my last update...or I just went to the doctor. And yeah, I just went to the doctor. Nothing earth shattering there. Mell came out and said hi while I was in the waiting room and we chit chatted for a few minutes. As with most appointments, the first thing they do is make you get on the scale. And for me, I have the opposite problem as most people. I'm not freaking out about weighing too much or being overweight or whatnot. My big concern is that I'm going to weigh too little and get in huge trouble for it. Usually my weigh ins consist of a slight argument with the nurse about how you have to move the bottom weight to the 150 mark, which, they are ALWAYS convinced that I weigh less than that, and won't put it to 150 until they move the top weight all the way to the 149 mark and the arrow is nowhere near balanced - but they still give me a once over before they move it, as if the scale is lying. So, then I always get little comments about how I don't look like I weigh that much, and yada yada yada. I'm almost 6 feet tall, looks can be deceiving!

Anyway, moving on. At my appointment today I took a vow of silence during my weigh in and politely kept my mouth shut. With the way my weight has been lately (dropping like a rock at every appointment) I wasn't going to give my nurse any ammo for gloating about being right. And good thing I kept my vow of silence, because this week I have officially dropped below the 150 mark to 147. Now, the BMI index says that is a normal weight, but seeing as I was 168 in August and that this time last year I was 174ish - and by no means am I trying to lose the weight (just ask my coworkers who see me eat nonstop all day) - I guess it warrants some concern. So of course my doctor - the one in the heels - does the whole freak out / concerned doctor thing and I went and had labs drawn after my appointment - that brings the needle stick count to 50 bajillion and 7...No Lie. Hopefully there will be something off balance and I can start maintaining weight soon - new clothes are getting expensive! I assured my doctor that I eat like crazy, and apart from cookies and king cake, I try to avoid junk. That seemed to squash any ideas that I am trying to lose weight, because really, I'm not. I have never in my life actually tried to lose weight. I usually just try to be active and eat healthy foods and see where that gets me.

Apart from my crazy weight loss, everything else is good. We talked about cartwheels and hula hoops - for real - because we always talk about the most random things at my appointments - and I go back in about a month and a half-ish. Now I'm just waiting for Heels to call me with my lab results!

This weekend is going to be a marathon Mardi Gras parade weekend - I can't wait! AND Paula is coming to town, which is almost as cool as when Santa Clause comes to town, well, I guess the two might tie because Santa brings me gifts and well, Paula, she just brings herself.

Mad props to anyone who actually takes the time to read this whole post. I really need to work on my rambling skills.

4 comments:

Paula said...

My presence is your present :)

Anonymous said...

oh yeah thats me
best sister in lay in the whole world!!!
TOTALLY read the whole thing!!!
lol ;-)

gordon said...

your rambling makes us smile

Anonymous said...

Have an awesome Mardi Gras weekend!How are the boys? Bummer Arkansas lost to LSU! :) Take care! I look forward to reading your blogs....give the 4 legged boys a hug! Hugs from Arkansas!