Monday, April 27, 2009

Hair Today, but Gone Tomorrow!

Dawn and Molly are going to meet me up at the hospital around lunch time for a some good old head shaving action! My hair has finally started coming out in clumps and I was hoping to shave it all off at home and then go swimming or something, but since I'm boarded up here in this swanky hospital bedroom until I gain some weight, the party animals are coming to me! I had a nasal tube placed this morning after having my stomach drained all night long - about - 8 liters worth of fluid total - not counting what I threw up when I they put the tube down originally. I have to go back in the morning to have the tube adjusted because there was still a good big of air in my stomach so they couldn't get the tube in the right place to get me fat! So, for today, I'm siting skinny chewing on ice chips and juice waiting for lunch, trying to not eat too much so I don't fill my stomach up too much. 


So, technically for anyone who may be concerned. My problems were not chemo related at all. Basically I lost too much weight and I have two arteries pushing on my small intestines blocking anything from passing beyond that point - hence the constant nausea and vomiting. As soon as the naso - tube is fit right, I'll be able to start putting some weight on and things should get back to normal! And I reallllly just want to go swimming right now! Soon enough I guess! I bought three head scarves today, so keep a look out for those, almost with pictures from tomorrow's shaving extravaganza! Oh yeah, I totally had no idea what day today was - seriously thought it was the weekend...not Monday. Woops. Oh and Warner is at work for a half day today...I think he needs a break from taking care of me!!!! oh well, lunch time...we'll see how this goes!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooo glad I checked your blog before leaving for lunch!!!How encouraging you are--as usual. In our new Bible study the author said something to the effect that the task God calls us to is secondary to Jesus being revealed to those around us! You are certainly getting that part right! I am so happy for your good explanation and assurance of better days to come. Love you bunches, YFA Joan

Diane said...

Stephanie,

You're going to look beautiful in those scarves you bought!!!
You are a joy to my heart!!!

Diane
(Just one of your many prayer warriors from Sager Creek Community Church)
WE LOVE YOU!!!

Vicki Dees said...

We are amazed at your outlook. We thank the Lord for you and for Warner. We pray that you can gain weight and get relief from what you are going through now. Chemo is tough enough without those issues.

Still praying here for you.

Kerwin and Vicki.

Anonymous said...

HEY YALL!!!!! LOVE YALL TOO!! Can not wait to see photo sghoot of shaving! Did you get the scarves in the hosp?????/ Love yall! SKSN/mil/mom

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see your explanation. I could not imagine what was happening. Can't wait to see your pictures!!!!
We love you
Y(for real)FA,Barney