Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Medical Mystery

Stephanie is the first patient in very long time that the doc has had to admit due to chemotherapy. But now we are over a week past the treatment, and why Stephanie is still feeling so bad and can't keep anything down is a mystery. The effects of the chemo should have worn of by now. Of course with all the medicine she had she never should have been this bad off. When we saw the doctor on Wednesday he was shocked to have heard from the on-call doctor that Stephanie was so sick.
In better news, the cancer center floor here at the Lake has much better ammenities than either the other time Stephanie was at the Lake or the hospital we just left. There's an attached room for guest's that has a "real" bed (it's a hospital stretcher bed). It's nice also because I'm not in the way of all the middle of the night visitors. They still wake me up because although there is a door between the two rooms I leave it open just in case Stephanie needs something. She likes that I leave it open because when she wakes up at four in the morning it is apparently a very fun and interesting game to throw ice at the sleeping Warner.
Hopefully tomorrow she will be keeping some food down and be discharged.
Grace and Peace

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo Happy to hear Steph is up to her old tricks.....LOVE her sense of humor! Yes, I too hope Bienvenue comes up with a drug that will let her stomach quit rockin' and rollin'.........but at least she is still uo to the throwing ice routine!!! Yougo girl! Thank you warner for posting something - I have been anxious to know what the ral deal is! Know you are thankful that Candy (and Steve) ia/are there to love on Ruekie and Edgar and Steph and Warner!!!!! Oh my goodness - LOVE YALL SKSB/MIL/MOM

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,
I am so sorry that you have to go through all this. You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. If there is anything we can do here in Luling, just let us know. We love you,Mrs. Robin

Kerwin and Vicki said...

Warner and Stephanie,

There were several of us at a Sager Creek small group meeting last night talking about you. There are many praying for you in the church.

This morning, as we read of your hospital stay and Stephanie's chemo problems, our hearts and prayers are with you again. We are praying for instant relief and strength so that you can go home.

We think of you often.

Kerwin and Vicki

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry that you have to go through all of this. If there is anything we can do here in Luling, let us know. Stephanie, we are praying for you a full recovery.
We love you, The Dancer's

Anonymous said...

Well, at 4:00 AM what else does she have to entertain her? Seriously, I pray that you will be home soon and then she can throw her ice at the boys instead of you! We love you both!
Barney and Uncle Bobby

Sharon Deloach said...

Hi Stephanie,

Sorry to hear you are so sick. You are on my mind and heart and you are very much in my prayers. I love you, you are special. God has a special reason for all of this. Trust in Him completely and I hope to see you up and about soon.

Love ya,

Ms. Sharon

Prov. 3:5-6

Anonymous said...

Hey you two! just wanted you both to know we are all praying for you!You are the topic of lots of conversations and prayers in the church. I wish I had something profound to offer--but I'm just a weakling standing in the need of God's grace myself! I hope you will let me come visit soon. I love you a whole lot!
YFA Joan