Thursday, April 2, 2009

In An Effort To Not Let Warner Outdo Me

Well, it seems my competetive streak runs deep and I wasn't going to let Warner steal the spotlight for very long. I was going to post last night, but I wanted to wait until after April Fools Day so people wouldn't think I was joking.

Two weeks ago I went to an After Hours clinic on Sunday (March 22nd) because I had a cough that was hurting my chest and my underarm was hurting. The doctor listened to my lungs and said they were clear and I had no fever but that I had bronchitis (I was never thoroughly convinced of this diagnoses, but I went with it anyway). He gave me prednisone and an antibiotic, to be on the safe side, and told me to take Mucinex as well. I had already informed him that I had been taking Mucinex and it wasn't helping, but he told me to keep taking it. So, I went home and started taking my frisbee sized antibiotics and all that. My neck muscles on my right side had been tight the week before all this but that had slowly been resolving itself. My upper back on my left side started hurting me throughout the next week, and it would wake me up at night and was just super uncomfortable. I wasn't getting any better over the week, but I knew I had an appointment with Heels on April 1st, so I was going to bring it up then. Plus, I had seen my radiation doc in the middle of March and everything checked out fine.

Fast foward a week : On Sunday morning I was coughing up mucus that had blood in it and my underarm felt bruised so I rushed my butt back to the After Hours clinic and had xrays done - all the while Kasey and Hal were sleeping at the apartment, I even made it back home before they woke up. The xrays showed a mass in my left lung, but the doctor could not tell from the xray if it was just fluid or if it was actually lung tissue and he gave me the most amazing cough medicine I have ever had in my life. Seriously, whoever invented it is a GENIOUS! He told me to follow up with my oncologist Monday morning to figure out what exactly was on the xray. Warner called Heels for me on Sunday afternoon and gave her the heads up and she scheduled a CT scan for me on Monday afternoon. On Wednesday we got the news that the CT scan confirmed there is a mass in my left lung. We won't know for sure that it is cancer until I have the biopsy sometime soon. It hasn't been scheduled yet, but it will be before next Wednesday. It was scheduled for the 9th, but we have plane tickets to New Jersey to see my Grandmother for Easter (which I'm really excited about because Warner has never met her!), so they were going to try and move the biopsy up. So, for now, that is the extent of what we know. We are just waiting for the next steps to see where we go from here. For now I'm throwing myself in to researching all things fertility and I'm going to start some super cardio workouts today, just to be on the safe side.

I do have a disk of my CT scan if any of you medical nerds are interested. It's pretty neat!

10 comments:

Hayley said...

I really hope your biopsy results come back clear xx

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the details Stephanie - you know I wanted to ask at least half of those questions you just answered!!!! I am sooooo happy that Dr. Pou is in your pocket...she is WONDERFUL!!!!! Boy, no wonder Warner was mad at me when I kept insisting yall call Dr. Pou on Sun - you obviously already had!!!!!!!!! If you need me to come down to be dog walker supreme I can - I will try my damndest not to make yall mad and not to say "inappropriate things"!!!!!!!!! Yes, I can, Yes, I can!!!!!!! As always my heart is filled with so much love for both of you......I am forever grateful to God that he put you two together! SKSB That was terrible grammar - sorry!

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, we are praying for you that results come back clear. Stay strong !!
Love you, Mrs. Robin

kaylie said...

Praying for some clear results!! We need to chat soon!

Diane said...

Dear Stephanie,

Something that was impressed upon my heart today is just how much God loves you. I am going to send out a prayer request to all our Prayer Partners from Sager Creek for you. They love you and will be praying for you. Our trust and confidence is in Him to take good care of you because of His great love for you.

We love you,
Diane (for Dale, too)
Sager Creek Community Church

Kerwin said...

Stephanie and Warner,

I am praying for you both right now. I am praying for your health. I am praying that the Lord will lift your spirits and I am praying that you can know that Jesus loves you. You are also loved by many others, including us.

Kerwin and Vicki

Anonymous said...

Steph and Warner - I just listened to natalie grant sing Our Hope Endures on youtube--i think she wrote it for the both of you! Our hope DOES endure because it is founded in the one whose name is Faithful and True. Thank you so much for your willingness to share your whole journey with all of us! I love you and would love to come down anytime!Hugs and kisses from YFA Joan

Cindy McLean said...

I have strep throat so I Am in bed. I hate being sick!Hope your biopsy come back clear. I think i know the cough medicine...tussionex?? Well, you get better and enjoy your trip to Grandma's house....does she like to cook and stuff???? Hugs from Arkansas!!!

Anonymous said...

There doesn't seem to be anything to add except that we love you and are praying for you continuously!
Love YRealFA! Barney

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph,
How can I get a copy of that CT? My husband is an avid medical persona/person, and he relishishes any chance to learn about a condition! He is a paramedic and he is starting school in the fall to get his medical degree. Thanks. =)

His email: bwhite@bentonvillear.com
Mine: SarahFWhite27@yahoo.com
Sarah and Bob