Thursday, August 21, 2008

Here's A Post So I Don't Get In Any More Trouble

I'm getting in trouble for not posting often enough!!!!! Not much has gone down this week. It was actually pretty uneventful until today. I started back to physical therapy on Tuesday and after this week I only have two more left - but never fear, I am going to get six more weeks - they just have to get Dr. Pou to write the prescription and I'm golden. I decided I needed more "sessions" because my neck muscles are super tight from the radiation and the two I have left are not going to make much of difference. 


So today I had my CT scan and I guess we'll find out the results in a few days. My stomach has really been bothering me since the end of last week where my PEG tube is, so they wanted to check it out. I had to drink the Barium stuff (but I got out of drinking as much as I was supposed to because I whined about being on a feeding pump for 3 months and how my stomach was really small). I still had to have an IV of the contrast when I got in there for the scan which was fine - I've been stuck so many times it doesn't phase me very much - plus, this girl was REALLY good at putting in IVs. I think she should be my own personal IV sticker. So, that was that - a little more radioactivity added to my body and we were done.

After my CT scan Warner and I went to lunch because I was STARVING (I hadn't eaten since 7:30 that morning, I couldn't eat after 8, and it was 2:00 when I was done!) So, we went to Jason's Deli and I got a baked potato and ate a little less than half of it, with lots of sour cream. YUM! Then we rushed back to Gonzales because I had physical therapy at 3:30.

I went to PT and it was basically like it usually was, I worked out and got my neck stretched - which kiiiiiiiills me because my muscles are so tight. After PT I decided Gap needed visiting and I picked up some clothes because they were having a decent sale (40% off). Then I headed home for dinner (leftover catfish that my mom made). Warner and I went to Best Buy with Lance and Michelle this evening to pick up a couple movies that were on sale and now we are about to crash - except the fur kids are hyped up. Ruekie is chewing on a bone and Edgar is plotting how he can get the bone away from him (except he's a little too obvious with his maneuvers so Ruekie is having none of it...Edgar lacks the brains in the family). 

I'm eating pretty good and the more I eat the better I feel but it's hard to get a lot of calories from a home cooked meal - eating out is definitely a better way to add up the calories. I have to watch what I eat though because some things still irritate my throat and I get these little blister like things that pop up - but it's manageable. 

Warner's been working a shut down this week. He's gotten up at like 5:30 every morning this week and has gotten home at midnight every night (except last night he got home at 10 and tonight he got home at his usual time). So the poor guy is absolutely exhausted. 

Oh! I didn't take a nap today, I've only done that one other day since treatment ended, so maybe if I stay active, I do better!!!! 

In other news, we are going to Tulsa for Labor Day weekend so that will be a much needed vacation! We are leaving on Thursday and we'll drive back on Tuesday. There will probably be a trip to Siloam that weekend at some point as well. 

So that's all I've got. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie!
I sent you an e-mail from the cancer website yesterday. AFter that, I noticed your blog website, so spend much of the evening reading it! :) I noticed that you are a believer. A sweet, dear girlfriend sent the following to me; I thought you might enjoy it yourself. So here it is! God Bless!!!

Susanne - rippeys@comcast.net

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until this disaster has passed. I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills his purpose for me. He sends from heaven and saves me, rebuking those who hotly pursue me; God sends his love and his faithfulness. Ps. 57:1-3

2 Sam. 23:2 The Spirit of the Lord spoke by me, and His word was on my tongue.

Father, I yield my tongue to You, that Your word may be on my tongue including Your promise to heal me. Please cleanse my tongue of everything contrary to you, both physically and metaphorically. Thank you for guarding my tongue and honoring my consecration of it to You.

Ps. 35:28 And my tongue shall speak of Your righteousness and of Your praise all the day long.

Father, in the Name of Jesus, I affirm that you have made my tongue to praise and testify of You all of my days. Thank you for touching my tongue by the power of Your Spirit so that my praise of You will continue many more decades.

Ps. 45:1 My heart is overflowing with a good theme. I recite my composition concerning the King; My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

Father, my tongue is my instrument of worship and praise to Jesus, my King. I stand against every attempt of the enemy to destroy my tongue or my praise in Jesus’ name. I command every spirit of infirmity and every cancer spirit to release my tongue in Jesus’ mighty name.

Ps. 66:17 I cried to Him with my mouth, and He was extolled with my tongue.

Father, thank you for hearing my cry to You concerning my tongue. The praise of my tongue is the expression of my heart to You for Your mercy and great faithfulness. I give You glory, in the name of Jesus.

Ps. 71:24 My tongue also shall talk of Your righteousness all the day long; for they are confounded, for they are brought to shame who seek my hurt.

Father, it is Your plan that the enemy should be confused, vanquished, and brought to shame because he seeks my hurt. I declare the victory of the Cross of Jesus Christ over my tongue and every evil plan to destroy me through it. My tongue shall declare the righteousness of the Lord in health and wholeness, in Jesus’ name.

Ps. 119:172 My tongue shall speak of Your word, for all Your commandments are righteous.

Father, thank you for Your that is forever settled in heaven, including Your promise that You forgive all my iniquities and heal all my diseases. I trust You to bring it to pass in my tongue and my tongue will praise and testify of Your faithfulness to Your Word. Thank you, in Jesus’ name.

Ps. 126:2 Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing.

Father, thank you for filling my mouth. I reject every foul thing the enemy wants to put in my mouth, and I rejoice in You for healing and health. My tongue is Yours, and I will use it to sing to You, in Jesus’ name.

Prov. 10:20 the tongue of the righteous is choice silver…

Father, Your word says that the tongue of the righteous is choice silver. I consecrate my tongue to You, that my tongue will speak words of great value, and that by Your healing power my tongue will contain no cancer or anything not of You, in Jesus’ name.

Prov. 12:18 Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

Father, You have given my the gift of speech, not to destroy, but to be a vessel of healing and health. Please forgive me for my reckless words that have brought destruction in the past and make my tongue an instrument of Your blessing and healing. I include myself in this also. Please use the Word of God on my tongue to accomplish Your work of healing in my tongue and my body, in Jesus’ Name.

Prov. 15:4 The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life…

Father, I confess that my tongue is bringing healing because I speak according to Your word. Thank you for every promise of healing and life, in Jesus’ name.

Prov. 31:26 She opens her mouth with wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness.

Father, I open my mouth with wisdom, and on my tongue is the law of kindness. I stand against every attempt of the enemy to defile my tongue with disease, in the name of Jesus!


Phil. 2:10-11 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

I gladly confess with my tongue Jesus as my Lord and Savior. Every cancerous and precancerous spirit trying to take over my tongue, bow the knee to the Name of Jesus who promises me forgiveness and healing. I command that every evil work in my tongue is defeated by the Blood of Jesus Christ, my Lord.

List of healing Scriptures: Isa. 53:4-5 (lit. pains & sickness), Mat. 8:16-17, 1 Pet. 2:24,
Ex. 15:26, Ex. 23:25-26, Deut. 7:15, Ps. 91:3-6, Ps. 103:1-5, Ps. 107:20, Mk. 16:15-18, Rom. 8:11, 2 Cor. 4:11, Prov. 3:1-2,7-8, Ja. 5:14-16, 1 Cor. 6:13-14, 19-20, Mk. 11:22-26, Ps. 30:2, 3 Jn. 2, Mat. 9:35, Mat. 9:28-29, Luke 8:50.

Anonymous said...

That's right go shopping without me. I'm there for two days and all I get out of you is a trip to walgreens. What a way to treat your mother.

Anonymous said...

Wow What a great day! poor Candy - Walgreens only! This blog is so wonderful - look at the people that have come into your lives....thank you Suzanne for such perfect quotes........I will use them myself! we love you both....Anna is babysitting; Gracie is a little under the weather; Dad is going on a 50 mile bike ride tomorrow and Anna and I are volunteering with the Church for a 2 hour give back to the Community event - should be fun!!! She is washing cars and I am picking up garbage (maybe painting!) Pretty uneventful lives.......God is good! Love MIL/MOM/SKSB

Hayley said...

Hello! I saw the link to your blog on the OCF webise. You replied to my post about me being in remission!

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi!!

Hayley xxx

Anonymous said...

Did I say how much I loved that you used the word Yum? That is wonderful. I also loved the comment from Susanne--What a great God we have--He addresses our every need. Love,
YFA Joan

gordon said...

We've been out for a couple of days for our anniversary (28th), so i'm just now checking in. Got to see chris and amber, was really glad to see amber, chris on the other hand... i was wondering on the way home if warner has doing well in his cheering for the saints lessons. You ready for the hogs?