Thursday, August 7, 2008

My First Full Week With No Tomo!

Today, it has officially been ONE week since treatment ended! One whole week! I've noticed a few slight changes. First off, I drank some tea today! Woohoo! It doesn't burn too bad, but I have so much mucus in my throat that when I drink the tea it makes me cough up more mucus, so I'm hoping there's an end in sight to the mucus problem. I want to drink my tea without worrying about how much mucus it's going to bring up. Also, I've only had two major loogies today. It used to be that I had one every couple of hours. I'm hoping this means my throat is healing up. My mouth sores are still there, and when my pain pills are wearing off, I definitely know they are there (especially the new one at the back of my throat) but they are not as bad as they have been. My neck has shown a lot of improvement. It is still red, but it is not as large an area as it used to be. Also, it used to all be cracked and oozing, but now it's just scabby in a few places. Here are some pictures:




I still have some swelling above my scar. 
I'm hoping I can start massaging it again when those sores go away!




 My brother was taking pictures of me 
and I can't smile very well yet so they kept turning out horrible. 
This is take three. This is my frustrated look 
because he kept snapping pictures and cracking up laughing.


So, I'm getting there. Even though I'm not coughing up huge loogies as often, I'm still coughing up a little at a time. Also, the past two nights I've slept really well so yesterday and today I managed to get out of bed and stay up all day! Oh well. I have no big plans for the weekend. I was going to go watch the hot air balloons on Saturday with my brother but with my white blood cell counts low, I think I better stay away from crowds for now. I think we're going to try and catch the ones in Natchez in October. It won't be as hot then either! My mom has the dogs until Saturday because I feel bad for them sleeping all day with me. I don't have any problems taking them out, I just can't get down and play with them very well because of my feeding pump - we almost had major drama yesterday, Edgar ran through my cord and pulled the tape off my stomach but I stopped him in time before he pulled it out of my belly. He just pulled the cord out of the pump and made it go off so crisis averted. So, she's taking them for two days so they can go insane in her backyard and come back and sleep at home. 

OH! another funny dog story. The other morning when Warner left for work, he closed off the other bedroom and bathroom because Edgar had pooped in there. While laying in bed, I counted SIX times that Edgar ran into the closed doors trying to get in to run around the circle (they run through the bed room the bathroom and the living room when they are playing). SIX TIMES!! The poor thing just didn't get it! HA!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee! I am first! Just read both blogs from yesterday and today - sorry I did not realize how sick you were the first of the week........GAG. Am thrilled you sound so good tonight! Boy howdy - up for 2 days - a record! Next time you need a nurse Anna will be the best choice from this group in O'Fallon....she totally took care of last night as I prepped for an endoscopy today,,,,,,,,,I was not a good patient but she hung in there with me until 11:30pm to make sure I took prescribed meds!!!!!!!!!! She also worried about me all aft while I slept off those drugs !!!!!!!!! Poor Edgar - anaccident? Am surprised since he seemed so potty trained when I was there (of course, I took them out way too much!!!!!)........you know I do think he may NOT be in that smartest dog in the world category!!!!!! Ruekie seems to surpass Edgar AND Gracie in brilliance! Seeing Addie, Peter, Lily, Hunter, and Bryson last weekend was such a treat......yall should think about zooming up to Greenwood one Sat night since it is so close.............what fun that would be! Gina ya know is a stand up comedian!!!!!!!!! Love you 4 so much! MIL/Mom/sksb

Anonymous said...

Good seeing you today. Wish I could have stayed. But will see a lot of you next week. So rest up for me. I can't believe how good your neck looked today. Didn't expect it to look that good for a couple of weeks. The boys have gone in and out about a dozen times already. Follows us everywhere. Love you!!!!!
MOM

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, Glad you are getting some rest. Sounds like you are on the mend. Saw Vicki and Kerwin yesterday.They took a pic of us and is on their blog if ya get a chance to read it. Your neck looks good and you are right, doesn't look as swollen. Have a great night and tomorrow. Staying up more and more will increase your endurance.Hugs from Arkansas Cindy ps Loved the dog story!

Paula said...

I promise I'll give ya'll an update soon. They broke the water line to the house today so there has been some major drama going on up here.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome... the mucus and loogie thing always gets me....i find myself washin it out alll day... i do the bakinsoda and salt mixture helps get the slime out tooo.... mmmm tea i so miss my sweet tea i actually had a cup today and kinda felt like a real person... Yay u hit the first week after... it feels like such a huge milestone and its onlly aweek... if ur anything like me the outside healed up fast.. which helped becuase it was so uncomfortable to sleep...of course i prob shouldnt have my sweet tea but couldnt help it... im glad u have the tube.... i am trying to eat and its just so hard..... i get like 3 bites in and everyhting just about burns even with the magic potion hehehe....i just wanted something other than water today...hehehe... u are def keepin the proteins and all with the tube to help u heal faster thats what i dont have behind me ....im fightin gettin the protein and all in my system and it hurting so bad to do it... and trying to not lose more weight ... I wish u the best hun... my daughter runs to the puter to see your Pupppies as she calls them...

Jessica (tweetstoy@hotmail.com)

Diane said...

Stephanie, I just sent out another update with pictures of you. Just wanted you to know that your Sager Creek Prayer Partners continue to pray for your recovery. God is in this and He loves you with an everlasting love.

Diane (for your Sager Creek Family and Friends)

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I just got back from Louisville spending time with baby Jack. He turns 5 months on Friday. Luke had his first class in the PhD program yesterday. The reading list is 300 books long! It's a good thing Jack is such a great baby! I am always encouraged by your posts. I am praying supernatural healing in the days ahead! I agree--Gina would be a dose of good medicine--You know--laughter!I found out when I got home that I am losing my wonderful secretary, Pamela--she was offered a great job at the AU Athletic Dept. I will surely miss her! I hope to have a visit with you both soon.
Love,
YFA Joan