Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hit The Road Jack

We are waking up bright and early (before the butt-crack of dawn) and heading up to Tulsa to go spend the weekend at our house and just to get away for a little bit. Six whole days without doctors and hospitals and scopes. I won't know what to do with myself! HA! I'll sleep and hopefully not have to think about cancer at all. So, here are some pictures that we took with my mac tonight (they aren't the best quality, but you know you want to see pictures of me!).

Goofing off...I need a haircut


More goofing...we don't do serious pictures very well


My beautiful smile...
if I can see what I'm doing I can make it almost normal looking
AND you can see the outline of my chin again!

Still a little popeye - ish
but definitely better than it was, 
but I have to be able to see what I'm doing or else it looks CRAZY


Yeah, I don't know

Arm Scar!!!
Unfortunately I couldn't turn my arm enough to get a good picture.


And last but not least...MY TONGUE!
haha, you know you're excited to finally see a picture of it!
I kind of have crazy eyes in this picture...HAHA

And to answer some questions, yes I have saliva still, but it's slightly different than it was and it gets slimy at night which is gross to wake up to, but I don't gag anymore. I put the marinara on the breadsticks to make them easier to swallow (being able to eat marinara is a big deal because the tomato used to burn my tongue). Just like I put lots of ketchup on my french fries now. I can taste sweet stuff somewhat now, it's a little different. I won't be going out and buying a snowball any time soon, but I do drink sweet tea or juice and I can taste the sugar in yogurt and stuff now. However, since the return of my sweet taste buds has come the weird taste of water. Almost has a sour sweet taste...and it's bottled water and tap water. I drink a lot of juice so that may have something to do with it, but who knows - it's just weird. Oh well, have a good Labor Day weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics and answers to eating/tasting questions!!!!!! Know yall are ready for a "vacation" to your own home - FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!!!!!! You are smart to want to take back as much as you can that you will not need the rest of the time there......have a FABBO time....you both look GREAT! Boy Steph your neck looks SO MUCH BETTER - Whoa is me! love you both...Safe travels...have Sun School praying for yall....are you able to leave W's job with Gustave approaching? guess so! BIG HUGS Mil/Mom/sksb

Unknown said...

Cool tongue! :) Stay safe and enjoy your Labor Day!! - Laura

Anonymous said...

Steph--I have to say the reality of what your "new " tongue looks like is NOTHING like I imagined--even the side is wrong! You look beautiful and I am SO encouraged by all that is happening! Taste AND saliva--who could ask for anything more? Love to you both!
YFA Joan

Anonymous said...

um...yeah, the pics are awesome! Especially the scar and tongue ones!! I also like the one where warner is punching you and your eyes look like they are popping out - so cool. Perhaps you should remind warner that you recently had surgery and he should be more gentle. hahahahahaha....

Anonymous said...

you guys look GREAT and it makes me smile to see you goofing off - it IS afterall your natural behavior :) . . . yay, for our first sighting of the tongue! I want to see more! I echo the other comment, not the picture I had in my head. You guys have fun in tulsa. If you want to swing up to branson, lemme know! I'm sad that we'll be closer, but still far away. Happy long weekend! love, Em

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph,

Nice blog you have going here. I would say for no longer than this has been you have really come a long way in a very short period of time. I hope when I am done AGAIN with all this stuff that I can have that bounce you seem to have. It may take me a bit longer since I am 48 but hope to get there soon.

Good luck to you