Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Am Up Out Of Bed

And on the couch watching tv. After two days spent in bed sleeping (and throwing up yesterday) I decided it would be best to get up and actually do something, even if that something was just watch tv. I'm still really tired today, and could probably sleep almost all day today, but I'm not going to. I discovered when I sleep during the day (I have to sleep sitting upright because I'm still on the feeding pump - but only during the day) that it makes my mucus worse. I slept really good last night, only waking up once at 3:30am when it was time for more meds and then again when Warner was going to work and was giving me more meds! So I don't have much to report. I still have all my mouth sores and I'm hoping they are better soon. My cheeks are swollen around my bottom jaw because most of my mouth ulcers are along the outsides of my lower gums. I really want to start eating by mouth soon - I'm hoping I can still taste - I don't know since I haven't eaten anything in a little over a week but I really want some apple juice!! Maybe I'll be brave by the weekend and try something. Oh well, time for another movie, maybe I should think about taking a shower sometime today...

6 comments:

Kerwin Dees said...

Hopefully, you will now start to see better days soon. We are amazed at your ability to get through these very tough things.

We pray for you often.

Kerwin and Vicki.

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,

As with most days I find myself thinking about you.

I wait patiently for your recovery and I am looking forward to our times together.

As you know I an heading off to NJ this weekend to check on my mom and see that she is alright and what the future plans for her should be. I am really not looking forward to this trip.

I remember so well our last trip together to NJ in December and how much I enjoyed our time there together. I can still feel the happiness that I felt when you eagerly agreed to spend that time together, you and I.

Hopefully, that happiness will repeat itself sometime in the future.

I don't know when you and I will have a chance to spend some real time together again, but I know it will happen and I do so look forward to that.

For what it may be worth, just remember that I love you and pray each day for your return to health and vigor.

Someday, you and I will be on a river enjoying the great outdoors and catching a few of those trout I seem to dream of.

When I return in a week or so, I hope to see you well on the way to recovery, happy and ready to live the day.

So much more to say, but hopefully you know that its only good and you can fill in the lines.

Love,

Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl, Went to see "Mama Mia" today with my daughter. Enjoyed it alot. Of course my son wanted us to see "The Dark Knight" but that kind of drama you have to be ready for. Nothing going on here except HOT! I took a vacation day today and it went so fast. How come work days are so slow???Anyway, hope you get some rest(I know you are tired of being tired) HUGS from Arkansas! Cindy

Anonymous said...

Yay for you up and out of bed.... Its hard sometimes but I do try to force myself up to the couch even if its to sit with hubbyand watch a movie or so...you do get tired of sitttin in teh same bed day after day downin pill after pill... the mucous is a huge problem... im still fightin enough to where it gags me i haeve easy gag reflex so not so good on that end im so tired of being sick but hopin for the insanity to stop soon...def cant wait ot get bck to regular eating...u were lucky enough to get the stomach tube... i didnt get that... most of my meals have consisted of liek 2 -3 bites of whateve it is hopin it didnt burn even through the magic elixir.... have u checkedinto disability .... i didnt thin about it till one of the nurses told me we make tomuch for money help which is fine with me but get the medical help and it will date back to ur first appts.... will def help your pocketbook

Jessica(tweetstoy@hotmail.com)

Anonymous said...

how is the neck burns going.... hubby had talked to the pharmacist and we got me solarcaine cool aloe ... just make sure it says no alcohol it tinged a lil bit when he put it on but he blew onit and right after that it helped some of the burn....just some thoughts... just keep doing ur pillls and ur mouthwashing i wake up numerous times a night mouthwashing...

Jessica(tweetstoy@hotmail.com)

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Hope you have some great movie time. Did I tell you that Uncle Sonny and I are addicted to LOST? We are finished with season 3 and anxiously awaiting season 4 on DVD. Tomorrow we are off to see baby Jack--o, and his Mama and Daddy for the weekend. Hunter, Lily and Peter stayed with me Mon., Tues., and yesterday while Susan went to the beach. Gina and Addie went back to MS yesterday. Love and kisses.
YFA Joan