Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's Been A Few Days

Hmm...let's see. I haven't updated in a few days and well, honestly, once again not much has happened, I'm just trying to heal. I had two doctor's appointments on Monday - Dr. Bienvenu (chemo) and Mell (speech). Both went really well. My blood counts are on their way back up which is good because I want to be able to do things if they come up without having to worry about getting sick or getting an infection from a lack of white blood cells. I missed out on the hot air balloon races this past weekend because I didn't want to risk being in a crowd. Anyway. I didn't do much at speech because of my mouth ulcers (I still have one or two of them) so Mell didn't want to push me too hard. I'm able to drink juice now without it burning my mouth, although chocolate soy milk doesn't taste so good and it kind of burned my throat. So I'm hoping soon I'll be off the feeding pump and able to just take everything by mouth. 


I have two more doctor's appointments tomorrow (Wednesday) with my wonderful high heeled ENT, Dr. Pou, and my gloom and doom radiation oncologist, Dr. Fields. I'm looking forward to them because I feel like I'm way ahead on healing but part of me also knows that I could get scoped twice in one day and I'm freaking out about that. Dr. Pou didn't scope me last time so part of me thinks she will this time - that or she'll gag me to death with the little mirrors. Dr. Fields will probably scope me because he hasn't done so in a few weeks - and the last time he did so, the scope gagged me. So, I guess I will just have to have a trash can near by. 

Today is my mom's birthday and we went and saw Mama Mia at the theater. It was really good. My brother is up here hanging out and they all ate a good dinner - at least it smelled really good and they are going to have cheesecake for dessert. I will sit here and nurse my mouth ulcers and dream about eating again soon! 

Okay, there's not much more to report for now. We've been watching a lot of the Olympics. I'm just sad the gymnastics is on so late at night - I go to bed much earlier! Oh well! Hope everyone is having a good week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, you are such a trooper!! I pray for your full and quick recovery each day!! Soon all this will be behind you and you will be able to share your wisdom about cancer with others.. God definitely has a plan for you! You are already an inspiration to SO many others. Hang in there, the best is yet to be.. Love, Karen Gervais-LeGlue

Anonymous said...

U are awesome......i went for my month check up they were satisfied.... still waitin for the blisters to go away... and i still have 2burns on my tongue one on each side seems to be where the mouthpiece sat that propped my mouth open.... all they could say was well it should be gone... but give it a lil longer if not come back earlier than scheduled appt and it could be soemting else... im like you.... i just cant wait to eat what everyone else is eating without it hurting once the burning and blisters are gone or calm.... i can do my prosthetic plate and be able to chew...... U are a rock...... u are awesome ... u are healing great...... prob becuase u were able to stay well and get your nutrients..... i watch every day to see how u are doing..... and feel for u becuase i know exactly what u are going through...

Jessica