Saturday, August 2, 2008

I Am Worn Out

Yesterday, my mom, my brother, and I went shopping at Best Buy, Gap, Nine West, and Cabelas. I bought Warner a couple XBox games and a movie for his anniversary present (it doesn't even begin to compare to mine, but he was excited) and I bought a mouse for my mac. Gap was having a sale so I bought a cute little black dress and a tank top. Nine West let me down and didn't have anything; Cabelas however, delivered. I went to look at their selection of Keens (shoes) and they were running a sale on them! So, these shoes are usually 90 bucks and they were on sale for 60 and then they were on sale on top of that for an additional 25% off. ALSO, I did not have to pay state taxes on any of my purchases (just local). So, it was a successful shopping day!

Today, these crazy people showed up:




They are my first cousins once removed / Todd is my mom's cousin. Todd and Julie flew in from Dallas and are spending the night at my parents house. They came and spent the afternoon with Warner and I and we all went to Cabelas. We did a little bit of shopping  but mostly we walked around looking at the animals for this kiddo: 





When we got back Todd and Julie played some Guitar Hero with us and we all took some pictures together:


My smile still has not figured itself out. It's pretty pathetic looking. And here's a picture of my parents with Todd and Julie:





And just because she's so cute, here's another picture of Christina:




THEN, as they were leaving, my parents told me to go into the guest bedroom because they got me something. Here's the something they got me:






A sweet action telescope for finishing treatment!!!! I'm super excited about it and I'm racking my brain for the first place I want to use it! 

In other news, my mouth sores are multiplying (I woke up with two more this morning) and the mucus is still being produced at full capacity. I've started taking morphine for the ulcers and I'm hoping they go away soon because they are killing me ad I really want to eat and drink through my mouth again! I guess that's all I got! I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!! 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am super excited that YOU found some good sales! I went to a authenic Hispanic birthday party for a 3 y/o tonight! Music, food, pinatas,drink and lots of homemade tortillas! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Hugs(and stuffed) from Arkansas! Cindy

gordon said...

Ok, i know i'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but why do they do sales like... original price, marked up, then dropped down, then 10 percent off in addition to an extra sale of 25 percent, then that goes on sale. How about doing a sale like... the shoes are this price. The telescope is sweet, and the pictures got a big " ahhh" from debi, How did you get edgar to wear the hat?

Anonymous said...

Whoa is me...Gordon is right (again!!!)....how exactly do those sales work??????????? Did I miss Edgar in the pics? We are home safely........hard to leave Auburn today but Anna HAS TO GET HER ID PIC tomorrow - you know, incomig freshman!!! Steph - sounds like you had a jam packed weekend!!!! WHY ARE YOU GETTING SORES AFTER THE FACT!!!!!!??? Not FAIR! But, life is not fair....tell those annoying buggers to go away!!!!!! (mouth) You two are fabulous, wonderful human beings and we love you both so much! Love MIL/MOm/sksb

Paula said...

You're the bestest best friend ever! I don't know what I'd do without you...

Your husband isn't that bad either. Sometimes.

Anonymous said...

hey
so i'm excited about all the fun stuff you got to get
not to mention the telescope!!!!
well anyways...how are you taking the morphine??? pills or through your feeding tube or through some other tube i don't know about...

anyways

love ya♥

Vicki Dees said...

Pray for you lots - Of course, I am SOOOO happy for you - NO MORE TREATMENTS!!! It shouldn't be long before the mouth sores get better - Love you lots
Vicki