Sunday, May 3, 2009

Brownie Batter

So, I had the revelation tonight that I can eat batter! I obviously haven't tried this theory out yet and it may not settle well in my stomach - but batter is kind of liquid, right? Cake batter, brownie batter, etc.... I think it's a genious idea. Okay maybe not. Maybe I'll just lick the bowl if someone makes brownies or a cake or something - I'm not going to sit down and eat the entire box of mix.

In other news, I am tubeless now! My NJ tube got clogged this morning and we spent the entire morning trying to unclog it. When we finally talked to the doctor, she told me to go ahead and pull it out since it was no longer usable. Yeah, for ME to PULL it OUT of my nose. On my own. So I did. It was either do it on my own, let Warner do it, or wait until tomorrow and go to the hospital to have it taken out - so Warner convinced me to go ahead and take it out on my own at home. And man did it hurt when it got to the end because the end part is slightly larger than the rest of the tube. They had trouble finding a tube that was small enough for my nose when they put the tube in so it was really tight, which obviously made it painful when I took the tube out. But the good news is that the tube is out and no longer irritating my throat and nose. Now I have to work extra hard to gain weight so I don't have to have the tube put back in. 



I'll have to take a better picture of myself "tubeless" but for now you'll have to deal with the one above - I snapped it really quickly with the computer so I could show off my lack of tubes!

Paula came by and visited me today, as did my parents, and Warner's mom was also here this weekend. So we had quite a few people hanging around today! I'll have to write more about all that later. It's time for bed now! 

7 comments:

Diane said...

Stephanie,
Your blog is a joy to read because you are always so upbeat!!!
And you are beautiful!!!
So glad that awful tube is gone!!!
I'm with you on brownie batter. It's the BEST that way!!!
:-)

We keep praying for you and have NO DOUBTS that God is hearing and answering.

We love you.

Diane (for Dale, too)

Cindy McLean said...

Such a sweet smile onthat pretty face! Hope you are having an awesome weekend.We went to K.C. to see my nephew graduate for college.It was MidAmerica Nazarene in Olathe. I think Jbu is in the same conference and jake was there on a Baseball scholarship.Since it is 1:30 inthe morning and I have to work i will close!HUGS FROM ARKANSAS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, my Stephanie agrees with you on the mix deal, I have known her to leave her job and come to my house when she knows I am baking something (even cornbread!) I am glad you have the tube out! Gain girl and keep it that way!

Love You All, Barney, Uncle Bobby and crew.

shay said...

Ok so I guess my comment from this morning didn't stick....Here it goes again :O)

Glad to see you are tubeless!! I say go for the batter...yummy! ;o) Can you add cocout milk to stuff? I know that the Appalachain Trail hikers add it to lots of things to increase their caloric intake! Hope that helps some! XOXO

Twanna said...

It may not be the healthiest way, but I'm with you on the brownie batter,just make sure you have plenty of milk or ice water to wash it down with! Go for it! If I had the green light I'd try for the whole box :-D, :-D, :-D

christine said...

You look great! Brownie batter does seem totally brilliant! What about like protein smoothies? I'm sure you've already thought of that totally original option. :) Keep the updates coming! We're praying for you!

kaylie said...

yeah! Tubeless baby! If I was there, I'd make some brownies just so you could lick the bowl...