Monday, November 3, 2008

HAIR! Or The Lack Of It

So, if you click on the picture and make it bigger, you will see that my hair is starting to grow back...sort of. I have some fuzz up at the top and a little bit of fuzz down on the bottom - it's my soul patch. I bet most of y'all didn't realize that I had lost that much hair from radiation. It used to be baby bottom smooth - like my chin (because it has no hair on it either, not that it's a bad thing). So far I can't tell if the hair is growing in darker (maybe slightly?) and it's too short to know if it is going to be curly or not. Right now, it's just fuzz! 

I made another cake today but I'm not going to post it on here because it is politically related and I don't want to get political on here! So, I have a new hobby, and unfortunately, making cakes is not very cheap! Ha. Maybe once I stop having to buy new supplies for my new cake ideas, it will get cheaper. 

This weekend I'm going to go visit Paula for a few days in Alabama since I'm going to start working around Thanksgiving so I have some time to kill - I'm pretty excited. We are going to a Christmas craft show at some point and we are going to meet up with some other friends in town. 

I had an appointment with my radiation oncologist last week and I get to go three months now in between appointments. I still have to see my wonderful ENT every six weeks though and I actually have an appointment this week. I still need to call the endocrinologist about my tilt table test follow-up. That's all my news for now! 

3 comments:

Kasey said...

I doubt the picture of the cake would encourage some huge political debate and all, but I'll have to see the pic another time I suppose. Cause it doesn't matter to me so much what your political opinion is, though I hope in some way your cake bashed Obama, cause I'm not sure I can deal with the fine citizens of downtown North Little Rock much more if he is president and gives them more free money. But anyways, Warner looks hilarious in those pirate pics and I did not realize you had lost that much hair for real. Though I'm still disappointed I couldn't talk you into shaving the head, ha. That would've rocked. Anyways, enough for now, enjoy your day.

Anonymous said...

Are you driving or flying to Paula's? HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!!!!! Give her a hug for me! Fuzzy hair looks cute - wouldn't that be funny if it did come in curly????!!!!!!!! Call the endocrinologist........before you waste away! Didn't know you were going back to work - Hooray for you Steph! Data entry? Will probably see yall the middle of next week for a Stephanie/Warner fix (oh yea - Ruekie/Edgar fix too!)LUF, Mil/Mom/sksb

Anonymous said...

do we get to see updated pictures of the skin graft? how's it doing?
-Em