Monday, November 17, 2008

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock


So, I don't have any medical news, I know, lame, right? I can't help it, I would be a whole lot less interesting if I didn't get cancer, and seriously, I don't think anyone would read the blog - I wouldn't even have a blog. I mean, I've gotten way fewer comments since I was put in remission. See, cancer has a sort of entertainment factor to it! I'm okay with fewer comments. I'd rather be in remission than going through treatment any day. Although I was telling someone the other day that I think cancer might be a lot like having a baby - I've never had a baby so I can only assume. I look back on it and it doesn't seem so bad, as a whole. I can think of times when I was miserable, but those don't pop into my mind right away. 


Anyway. I started Christmas shopping today, yeah I cringed at the thought of doing so as well. But, since I'm going back to work on December 1, I decided I needed to get my shopping done early. So, don't judge me! I also stumbled upon shoe heaven while I was out shopping. Seriously, DSW Shoes is INSANE. I'm going back. Soon.

My mother - in - law was in town the past few days. We went shopping with my mom one day and we ate beignets another. Now, she is back home, hopefully enjoying her new Kirby vacuum cleaner / carpet shampooer! She bought the dogs a new toy while she was here, and Edgar does not let it out of his site. It's the one in the picture at the top! Many wars have already been fought over this little orange guy! 

So I lied, I do have a little medical news - see, I'm making it worth your while to read my whole blog! I'm not allergic to the new medication. It isn't working 100% though. So, while I can definitely tell in the mornings when I haven't taken it yet, I still get lightheaded every now and then throughout the day. 

In other news, I think I'm going to go through my closet some and start packing up some clothes that don't fit anymore and save them for a rainy day. When I look in the mirror I don't feel like I've lost any weight really, but then I put on my clothes, and well, yep, I have - and I'm eating like a horse! I guess it just means more shopping for me! HA. I think Warner would disagree. Speaking of Warner, I need to convince him to write a blog post soon. Maybe he'll be more interesting than me. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are doing so much better. Looks like the "boys" really like the orange toy! Hope you have a great day! Hugs from Arkansas.

Hayley said...

I totally know what you mean on the first part...about getting fewer comments now you don't have cancer any more. It's exactly the same for me lol.

Wouldn't it be good if people could like give their weight away? Hahaha. You can have some of mine, I have many lbs to spare!!

Kasey said...

I suppose if you get a flood of comments this time around it'll seem as those you are getting sympathy comments now. Ha. Not the case from me of course, really I was just gonna bust on Warner some more since he hasn't posted in a super long time. I think I even yelled at him about it once or twice as it is. And if I could go back in time I'd give you some of my weight, but as for now...well I'm kinda puny myself. Ok kinda isn't really working. But I bought this new stuff called N.O.Explode that helps me get jacked when I work out. It's marvelous but perhaps I'll get all bowed up and next time I visit I'll be able to man handle the beast of Warner. Ha.

Diane said...

Hi Stephanie,

It's good to read that you're doing so much better. I love seeing pictures of you. You look beautiful~!!!

Come see us again at Sager Creek when you get a chance. Everyone would love to see you.

Enjoy the Lord because He is enjoying you.

Anonymous said...

awwww long time no see... i have been so busy had to redo my computer and hubby lost everything i saved to the extra harddrive that buttt.... so i had to refind ur page....We just got back from a long road trip down to texas my daughter definitley is not a roadie lol.....i def know the buyin new clothes i have been buying new clothes since i have lost so much weight weve beenso busy i havent been back to get my prosthetic done so gotta make the appt for that ...take care dear

Jessica and Kier