Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Little Less Red



You guys are all way more concerned about my health than I am. I'm going to be fine. I talked to my doctor on Monday and he really wasn't too concerned. I told him I stopped taking the meds and was taking benadryl and that was good enough with him. I'm pretty sure the swelling in my neck and under my chin were because of my lack of lymph nodes. I'm just going to have to work harder now to get the swelling back down. I'll start a new medication when I get back home from Paula's house. I wanted to wait until my reaction had gone down some so I would be able to know if I was allergic to the next medicine when I started taking it. The redness and itching have gone down a little bit today so enough about that. 

I went to the Birmingham zoo today with my friend Shane and his wife Shauna showed up for a little bit. It definitely wasn't the Audubon zoo and there were no elephants! However, there was a baby giraffe, a very feisty white tiger, and very pink flamingos so it was fun. Paula and I went up to The Vulcan which is a statue in Birmingham, apparently the largest iron statue cast in the US. You can take an elevator (or stairs if you are insane) to the top of the platform and look out over the city. We went once during the day and then we went back at night to see the lights. Tomorrow I'll be heading back home to see my husband and my puppies, who, hopefully, have missed me dearly. 














3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, I'm so glad you got to see Paula and Shane! Like old times :)

Anonymous said...

You sound great! Will see all of you tomorrow:).....LOVE MIL/Mom/sksb

Daphne said...

AAAWWWW it makes us miss B'ham. It is a great city with lots of neat stuff to do. Looks like you are doing well. I am so glad you got to go see Paula.