Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Official Diagnosis

Symptomatic Neurogenic Orthostatic Hypotension (NOH). They don't teach you how to spell those kind of words in kindergarden. I went and saw my endocrinologist today and he handed me a piece of paper about clinical trials and pointed to those words and said, "That's what you've got." As for the clinical trial, I don't know if I'll be doing it, and I'm not sure I even qualify since I've been hit by the book in cancer treatments. My BP was low today at the check-up and my pulse of course was high, but the good news was it remained fairly unchanged when I changed from sitting to standing. So, my meds were upped and we're going from there.


We are heading out tomorrow to go to my grandmother's for Thanksgiving. I'm ready for some turkey and stuffing!!! 

Random Fact about me: I will drive 30+ minutes to Whole Foods for Veggie Chips and Apples. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you will be able to spend a half way normal TG!!! All the family come and we eat and eat and watch football.Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! HUGGS FROM ARKANSAS!

Paula said...

Veggie chips! You're addicted!

shay said...

It's Shay...What exactly is this diagnosis??

Anonymous said...

We hope you and your family have a wonderfun Thanksgiving. We all have alot to be thankful for!!!
Love, The Dancer's

Anonymous said...

OOPS.....I meant wonderful.