Thursday, November 6, 2008

Trial And Error

I finally talked to the endocrinologist yesterday. I had to call him to find out why I had not heard anything about my tilt table test. Turns out, the cardiologist never passed on the results, so my endocrinologist didn't know that I had even had the test. He apparently found out yesterday that I had the test already when he talked to Dr. Bienvenu. Apparently after he returned my phone call (that I missed) he called Dr. Bienvenu about another patient and they ended up talking about me! So, he called me back later that evening and I gave him the results over the phone and he said he was going to call the cardiologist (today) and get the official results. So anyway. He is supposed to call in a prescription for me today (I haven't heard from the pharmacy today so I'll probably be calling them in a little bit). Basically, the treatment for my dysautonomia is not cut and dry. I will try this first drug, see if it helps and if it does, great. If not, then I will move on to drug B and so on. So, it could take a while to get the right drug and the right dosage down. He said I should know in a few weeks if the first medicine is working. 


I had an appointment with Dr. Pou yesterday and that was good. I told her about my tilt table test and my symptoms and stuff and she said she had never seen anything like this is someone with head and neck cancer. So woohoo, yay for being the oddball! We talked a lot about cancer causes and her theories on why people are getting oral cancer at younger ages and she thinks a lot of it is environmental (since she has worked in Louisiana and Houston and has seen a surge in younger patients). Then I informed her I grew up in the River Parishes and immediately you can see the curiosity on her face, because the river parishes had once been called "Cancer Alley." To this she responded with an "Ooooh" and we talked about it a little more. Obviously there are some that will argue against the environmental cause, but who knows. It's really not that important anyway. So, it was a good visit. 

In other news, I'm baking a cake today to take to Paula's house this weekend! I'll post a picture when it's done! 

2 comments:

Paula said...

Yay for visiting Paula's house!

Anonymous said...

WOW......Love ya MIL/mom/sksb