Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dear "Home" Paula



I used to think that I was above your meager attempts to influence my picture taking skills. I thought I could never be swayed. Not by your "Dear in Headlights" look or by the beautiful  "Veggie Chip Contemplation" (and it's not a veggie chip at all) or your inability to smile on cue. I thought I was destined to live under the influence of "School Paula" who takes the most beautiful pictures ever and has a perfect smile every time with wide open eyes, but not possessed scary. No, I never even imagined that I would have to write about this. And then this happens:


Curse you "Home Paula," you may have won the battle, but the war is far from over!!!! But we can still be best friends, right? Paula??? 


Okay, my bottom lip goes super numb when it is below like 50 outside and apparently it takes away my ability to smile. Enlarge the picture. And don't tell me it's not that bad. Because it is. And I'm okay with that - I've moved on from the denial stage. But it's still bad. Really really bad. So, if you ever want to take pictures of me, make sure it's a warm cloudy day because I'm really a vampire, and I'll die in the sun. But anyway, that's our friends, Mark and Meagan who came to visit this past weekend. We had a really good time hanging out with them. I won't bore you with the details because really, all we did was eat and hang out and watch Mark play rugby. Okay, that is all. Paula, are we still friends? 

2 comments:

Paula said...

Bahahaham we can still be friends. But you need to know that Home Paula has been making more and more appearances in pictures lately... There's one that you should look at on fb. It puts your picture to shame :-)

Anonymous said...

I still think it's a great picture...I need to stop (as my mom would say) "fake smiling" I sweat she has cursed me.

It was good to hang out with you guys.